Saturday 30 October 2021

The Body Shop Christmas Sets Sample Reviews

 


It's Friday night and the dog is sitting next to me in my study pawing me for attention, there's a pumpkin outside ready to be carved and my daughter has just yelled out 'I love you' as she's off to work until 1am at a cocktail bar near us. I have a mountain of washing to do, the dishwasher to empty and as usually 'broken record' I'm shattered. However, I can't focus on Netflix and Maltesers, in fact I can't relax at all, as a small pile on my desk are some of The Body Shop's Christmas sets and quite honestly I can't think about anything else. My darling dad is very unwell in hospital and so whilst I'm tired, I need this focus and so I'm going to immerse myself into a fantasy of sweety, fruity, citrusy, scrummy, yummy, 'supercalifragilisticexpialidocious' bubble filled with pampering products, courtesy of The Body Shop. 

What I love about The Body Shop, and yes I know I do rave about them, is that there is something for everyone and something suitable to everyone's budget. I love the fact the gifts can be given split into separate gifts, great if you're on a tight budget. I also love the fact that my 13 year old son will easily nick my 18 year old daughter's mango flavoured lip balm. Anyway enough babbling here's my round up of some of their best treats this year.

Slather & Glow Face Mask Gift Set £18


This is the perfect set for anyone who loves a face mask! Containing 3 of their best selling exfoliating masks in a decent 15ml pot (each one will give you at least 2 uses) are:-

Himilayan Charcoal Purifying Glow Mask - contains Moroccan Lava Clay, known for having detoxifying and soothing properties.
Nicaraguan Coffee Intense Awakening Mask - contains Euglena Gracilis Extract, a single organism (alga) found in stagnant ponds and whilst, yes this sounds gross, it's actually full of minerals and vitamins that help firm the skin. 
Chinese Ginseng & Rice Polishing Mask - contains Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil, aka Sesame seeds known to be used for their good source of Vitamin B and for helping reduce inflammation.

Also included is the cutest Christmas tree fabric headband to keep pesky hairs from sticking into the masks and make rinsing easier. This is the perfect set for anyone who has over-indulged, burning the candle at both ends or is simply shattered and needs to get some radiance to their face.  

Fizz & Festivity Bath Bomb Gift £10


I think this is my favourite of all the gifts as I love the element of surprise. One quick tug of the string and the star shaped box opens up to reveal an abundance of individually wrapped bath bombs, with a 'Ramie Bath Lily' body puff included. The surprise doesn't stop there though, as each bath bomb (Moringa Bath Bubble x 2, Pink Grapefruit Bath Bubble x 2, Coconut Bath Bubble x 2), explodes and fizzes under the warm tap, filling the bath with coloured water and smelling like a tropical paradise. The set is ideal for everyone from ages of 5 to 85 and will be sure to bring a smile to the recipients face!
Love & Plums Essential Gift £22


Packaged into this gorgeous, festive, 100% natural jute (hessian) style make up bag that needs no wrapping up under the Christmas tree are 4 fruity body products which, will make you want to jump straight into the shower and leave you smelling good enough to serve up as the cranberry condiment next to the turkey! In this set is:-

Love & Plums Shower Gel 250ml - revitalising and awakening, this shower gel contains Prunus Domestica Fruit Extract, a light yellow oil that helps improve the skins barrier function. As it is light, it's excellent for sensitive skin. 
Love & Plums Body Yoghurt 250ml - giving 48hour hydration, this contains Sweet Almond Seed Extract that helps give radiance to the skin as well as keeping it soft. 
Love & Plums Body Butter 50ml - for a whopping 96 hour hydration, a little goes a long way thanks to rich and nourishing Shea Butter.
Love & Plums Hand Cream 50 ml - containing all 3 of the above ingredients as well as Soybean Oil and Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Babussu oil - nut oil), this not only keeps hands soft but nourishes dry nails and cuticles. 

Create Your Own Christmas Pouch from £4


These fun and festive Christmas pouches are made from 100% jute, a natural fibre that is extracted from the bark of the white jute plant. It is typically grown in West Bengal and once spun gives a hardy thread with a golden shine and hence is called the Golden Fibre. I love these bags as they're multi-purpose and can be filled with Body Shop products to tailor make a gift, and also reused year after year. I also love the fact as above that they take the time out of gift wrapping as will sit perfectly under the tree! 
Gifts & Goodies Tote Bag £7


Taken centre stage of the photo is the 100% cotton Gifts & Goodies Tote Bag. The perfect bag to take with you on your shopping trips, strong and roomy to fill up with your Body Shop goodies, hold your market goods or simply to keep folded up in your day bag. It's an ideal gift for anyone and the seasonal print will ensure it's used year after year! I tested it out at the gym and it held my spin shoes, towel, water bottle, purse and my skipping rope! 

Lovely & Clean Lemon Hand care Gift Set £20


Don't be caught out by surprise if someone gifts you and you haven't anything to gift them back. Take out the embarrassment when a friend drops by with a gift, and keep one of these sets handy (pun intended) in your cupboard. It really is the ideal gift for anyone! Containing full sizes of Lemon Purifying Hand Wash 250ml, Lemon Protecting Hand & Body Lotion 200ml and Lemon Cleansing Anti-Bacterial Hand Sanitiser 100ml. It's scent as you can imagine is uplifting and clarifying, and smells like freshly squeezed lemons. Personally I couldn't part with such a gift and it's now sitting in my downstairs toilet. Not only that but when using the lemon hand-wash it makes the toilet smell zingy and fresh! It's purifying, cleansing, anti-bacterial and with ingredients such as Citrus Limon Peel Oil, it brings the senses alive. I'm not the only one to love this gift - check out the 5 star reviews on their website! 

Creamy & Christmassy Body Butter Trio £15


Say what you will but there is no-one, really no-one that does Body Butters like The Body Shop. The Body Shop invented Body Butters and try as I may, I have never found a formula that has beaten theirs for instant and long-lasting hydrating. 

This gift is the perfect gift to introduce someone to their Body Butters. It contains 3 tins of whipped, creamy butter in 50ml sizes. Fragrances include sensual and floral Joy & Jasmine, fruity Love & Plums and gentle Kindness & Pears. Each unique and each divine in scent, not over-powering just deliciously light (I know I'm sounding a bit 'Nigella' here, but I really can't stress enough how beautiful these are). Personally I'm not going to gift these as one gift, I will split them up and give one each to my dear friends. As for the texture - well the butters are based around Community Fair Trade Shea Butter from Ghana. A little from their website:-

'Shea Butter has been used for generations to help Ghanaian women protect their skin from the dry Saharan winds. Its rich texture and high fat content makes it intensely moisturising, which is good for the skin and good for the community.  Every 200ml tub of Shea Body Butter is packed with the butter of 36 shea nuts'.

An ideal gift for anyone, especially those who love to swim, exercise outdoors, be outside or are stuck indoors with air conditioning or heating. Used all year round these are probably my favourite type of product from The Body Shop.

Soothe & Smooth Almond Milk and Honey Essentials Gift £22


If you know someone who suffers from dry and sensitive skin then this is the gift set for them. Containing a coffret of 250ml Almond Milk & Honey Soothing & Caring Shower Cream; 200ml Almond Milk Body Yoghurt; 30 ml Almond Milk Honey Calming & Protecting Hand Cream and 100g Almond Milk & Honey Soothing & Caring Cleansing Bar.

Firstly I can guarantee you that if you get the hand cream out and apply it in public - Lakeside Shopping Centre, New Look as I did, you will have someone turn around and say to you 'oooh what's that it smells absolutely gorgeous'. Secondly, you will send them on a mission to find said product then realise that the Lakeside branch is actually closed for refurbishment - still I did point the lady to the website too!

The almond and honey scent is utterly nurturing, it's like smelling a new born baby and it's gentle sweet fragrance is instantly shoulder dropping. Ideal before bedtime, this really is like having a bath in Horlicks, it's creaminess is simply divine. 

I would say this is the ideal gift for a new mother, teacher, NHS worker anyone who needs some TLC. As a single mum of special needs kids, who's dad is in hospital, who's mum needs caring for and a dog, this is the gift set that I'm keeping for my stocking (yes, I really do gift myself each year). 

Ingredients include as you would expect Almond Milk (from Spain), an ingredient that instantly nourishes and soothes dry skin; Helianthus Annuus Seed oil (Sunflower Seed Oil), that naturally calms inflammed skin; Butyrospermum Parkii Butter aka Shea Butter, hydrating and moisturising and Glycine Soja Oil, an oil that is known for containing essential fatty acids and is anti-inflammatory.

Feels & Festivity Hand Cream Trio £15


Finally, I will finish the Christmas review with a selection of their hand creams. Containing 3 of their Christmas fragrances in Kindness & Pears, Love & Plums and Joy & Jasmine. For £15 once again I would suggest breaking this gift into 3 and gift as the perfect Secret Santa present. Each hand cream contains Shea Butter to intensely moisturise dry, chapped hands and flaky nail beds. With all the anti-bacterial gel we shall be consuming over winter, I think everyone should have one of these to hand (there goes that pun again). Merry shopping! 

Check out more of The Body Shops Cruelty Free and Vegan gifts at www.thebodyshop.com






















No comments:

Post a Comment