Wednesday 20 October 2021

Manilife Cocoa Smooth Peanut Butter Sample Review

 


I have a confession - I often get asked to review food or other products other than beauty and lifestyle, and I usually say no as I just don't have the time. However, when someone sends me an email mentioning 'peanut butter and cocoa' in the same sentence, heck I think my reply was something like 'sure I'll use it as a prop in my Christmas beauty shoot'. 

Now at the moment, whilst I'm calling in for Christmas gifts I am not actually writing up on them for the next couple of weeks, I need to get autumn over with first. Receiving this little jar changed my mind, and so with trepidation I've just braved the huge spiders in the garage to retrieve my berry garland so I can write about peanut butter! The temptation of it sitting on my desk for the next 2 weeks is too much. I was also going to give this to my daughter in her Christmas stocking, seriously the kids would appreciate this more than a Terry's Chocolate Orange however, I've had to open it to test it - such is the hardship of reviewing. 


So what I love about this product aside from the fact it tastes utterly amazing, rich in peanuts with just a slight hint of cocoa. Well every peanut and the cocoa is 100% traceable back to the individual farmers. The peanuts are from Argentina and the cocoa is from Tanzania, the farmers are paid a decent price for their produce and so you know it's 'fair trade'.  There are only 4 ingredients making up this rich, velvet spread, 'hi-oleic Argentinian peanuts, unrefined golden cane sugar, Tanzanian cocoa powder and sea salt. The result is a thick, creamy, spread that has just the perfect balance of cocoa and peanuts, not too sweet and not too salty. It can be used on toast, crumpets, apple slices, ice-cream, smoothies, or like I have done, straight into the mouth. 



The jar costs just £3.99 for 295g jar and is available from Ocado or you can check out their other guilty pleasure products at www.mani-life.com




No comments:

Post a Comment