Monday 11 October 2021

Leighton Denny Nail Rebirth and Intensive Hand and Nail Cream Sample Review

 
If the saying is true and it probably is that 'you can tell a lady by her hands', then I had better start wearing gloves, as one look at my hands and I'm not a lady! My nails are quite simply disgusting. Every once in a blue moon I will treat myself to a gel manicure however, unable to afford the upkeep or the removal, I usually pick them off on the school run - my car floor shows the evidence! My nails are ridged, my hands are dry and having just past menopause, they really are in desperate need of some TLC. Welcome back into my life Leighton Denny.

Of course over the many years of writing for the paper, I often put in Leighton Denny nail-varnishes, latest trends etc and it's one brand I always trust when it comes to renewing my talons (when I have the time), and the timing was just right! Last week I was sent the Nail Rebirth Intensive Nail Repair Capsules to test, alongside the Intensive Hand And Nail Cream.

First to review were the capsules £35 for 30. My initial reaction was pleasantly impressed with the packaging. You only need to use 1 capsule for all 10 fingers which, means no wastage (unlike dropper bottles). As you can see from the photo, one capsule is ample to do both hands with quite a bit spare (I used the rest on my toes, but just in case you are eating I will spare you the photos). My nails were incredibly thirsty and dehydrated and so drunk up the oil in without leaving any greasy residue and wow -  look at the result!


My nails looked smooth, all the ridges had disappeared and I could take photos without leaving a greasy film of oil everywhere. So what makes these capsules stand out from others on the market. Well, those of you who know my style of writing, will know that whilst I like to look at the blurb on packaging I do like to break down the ingredients. The capsules contain a trademark of Neoncya, a 'scientific breakthrough combining nature and technology that delivers an innovative treatment to hydrate, strengthen and support repair'. Listed below are some of the ingredients:-

🌺Sweet Almond Oil - rich in essential fatty acids such as Omega 6 and 9, so incredibly nourishing. Almond oil also provides a barrier to protect nails from harsh elements. 
🌺Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - derived from coconut oil and is an excellent emollient. It also has an abundance of fatty acids to help prevent moisture loss. 
🌺Jojoba Seed Oil - rich in vitamins E and B, both vitamins help aid healing on damaged nail beds and cuticles, and in turn promote stronger nails. Jojoba is also anti-fungal so ideal for athletes foot and toe fungal infections. 
🌺Celery Seed Extract - a strengthening and renewing ingredient for the most damaged of nails. Celery seed also helps discolouration from damaged nail beds. It also has phytonutrients (natures chemicals), to fight against germs and bugs. 


The Intensive Hand and Nail Cream £12 for 25ml x 3 is great value for money. Just a tiny amount is needed to deliver the most intensive concentrate of emollient to keep hands looking and feeling soft. Whilst I was sent a sample of 25ml, I think this is great value on their website as breaks down to £4 each and ideal for stocking filler presents. Also, I like to keep one in the car, the sink and by the Netflix controller, so at this price for 3 it doesn't break the bank! The cream contains a cocktail of oils such as Almond & Chia Seed rich in Omega 3 and 6, so will help to really smooth the hands and leave them feeling supple. Also included is Rosemary Extract known for it's anti-bacterial action. It's a good all round hand-cream that doesn't just make hands look smooth, but actively helps any skin irritations and so ideal for hairdressers, nurses, gardeners etc.

You can check out more of Leighton Denny products here. www.leightondenny.com


 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment