Thursday 28 October 2021

Dove Foaming Bath Soak Renewing Care Sample Review

 


I'm feeling pretty down at the moment, yesterday my dad was rushed into hospital from his care home with aspiration pneumonia - something I'd not heard of but now know a lot about. Having spent the evening holding his hand and telling how much I love him, I came home feeling utterly drained. The reason why I am writing about this, is that later I shall be taking my mother to the hospital and then pending on how dad is, I'm going to make sure my son is ok on his Xbox and run a warm bath. It almost feels wrong typing about my dad in such manner as a blog, but if you know my style of writing from the  press days, you'll know I find it incredibly cathartic and that I write as I speak.

So whilst I told my 'Dove' PR yesterday, that the review wouldn't be going out until after I had finished Christmas gifts, I do want to use it for my bath tonight. Dove is a brand that I have and will always use. It's the one brand that evokes memories of my youth, when I wanted comfort after a stressful day at work. Back then I used the original Dove and to this day I still love the nurturing sense it gives.

I was sent the Dove Foaming Bath Soak in Peony & Rose Scent £5.99. Often people presume that because these larger brands are stocked in supermarkets, chemists etc that they skimp on quality. Not so - whilst this foaming bath does produce lots of foamy bubbles, it contains no nasty drying sulfates. Not only is it 100% made with plant based cleansers, it's also cruelty free. 


Ingredients include:-

Sodium Coco Sulfate - made from the fatty acids of coconut oil and responsible for creating that creamy lather. 
Cichorium Intybus Root Extract - Chicory, used in skincare to improve skin barrier function, helping it protect against pollution and sun damage.
Geranoil - this is where the fragrance comes from, an oil derived from plants such as rose and geranium.

As you can see from the tiny amount I put into the sink for the photo, it does produce a decent amount of foam and, if you're like me, a bubble bath is frustrating without the bubbles! For under a tenner, I was surprised just how good and how far along Dove have come. I shall look forward to testing more of their range, and whilst I wasn't going to mention Christmas in this review, I have to say it's a welcoming stocking gift for anyone in need of some old-fashioned pampering. You can purchase Dove from Boots instore or here at www.boots.com


No comments:

Post a Comment