Monday 4 October 2021

The Body Shop Vanilla Pumpkin Autumn Range - Sample Review

 


I love Autumn the colours, the crisp sunny days, the long walks with my pooch - there are many reasons why, but most probably as come 7.30pm I can wear my 'lounge-wear' aka Primarni fluffy PJs, scent my house with nutmeg and have the perfect excuse to do bugger all and watch Netflix. Ok in all honesty I'm a single mum and usually doing chores until 9.30pm but I can still scent my house and pretend I don't have to do a mountain of washing. Scent plays a large part on our emotions and well-being and for me, it's not Lavender or typically 'relaxing' aromas that unwind my stress levels. Nope it's the smell of baking and all it's sweet spices such cinnamon and nutmeg.

Every year The Body Shop launches the perfect range of products to help us get into the mood of the season. This years Vanilla Pumpkin range does not disappoint and I couldn't wait to test the samples sent, with all it's promising Autumn vibes. Even more so, I am a huge supporter of The Body Shop as all the products are vegan and 'forever against animal testing'. 


First to test was the Vanilla Pumpkin Shower Cream £6.50 for 250ml. Now I will say that I love the whole range as it is my 'scent' however, fragrance is very personal and the range is sweet smelling, so just bear that in mind if you are ordering on-line or for a gift. The Vanilla Pumpkin Shower Cream lathers a dream and it's sweet smelling vanilla fragrance induces a cocooning state like mind. It's sugary softness filled the bathroom and the hallway, and left my skin smelling like a newborn baby, just giving that underlying sweetness babies have. 


Next up was the Whipped Body Butter £18 for 200ml, unlike the original Body Butters the Whipped version is a lighter consistency which, still holds the same nourishing effects. It smells utterly edible, with a sweet and creamy vanilla scent and goes on a dream. Ideal for dry skin, especially knees, elbows and for for banishing any signs of crocodile skin legs. Put on after your bath or shower, whilst skin is still damp - the added oils of Sunflower, Brazil Nut and Coconut will lock in moisture and keep skin feeling baby soft for up to 72 hours. 

I'm already looking at Christmas presents and The Vanilla Pumpkin Hand-cream £5.50 and Vanilla Pumpkin Bath Bomb £5 are the perfect Secret Santa presents. Hand-creams are one of those universal products that everyone has somewhere in the house, especially with the drying effects of using anti-bacterial hand gel. This is small enough to fit into your handbag, glove compartment and rich enough to only need a small amount. The scent is syrupy vanilla, so do bear that in mind with your gift recipient. 

The Vanilla Pumpkin Bath Bomb is a great gift to give to anyone who needs a little cheer up. Not only does it look cute but it's fun, as once in the bath it fizzes and bubbles into an orange retreat. 


Out of the whole range, this is probably one of my favourite products. I love a lip balm and the Pumpkin Spice Lip Juicer £7 is just that, a juicy tint of spice. I love the sturdy design and the angled point, as I don't have to look in the mirror to apply it. It really does smell of pumpkin and not overtly sweet. However, I love the fact it's nourishing but leaves my lips tinted with a light cinnamon brown. Often brown lip colours contain too much warmth and can leave teeth looking yellow however, this is just the right shade of flattering. 


The Pumpkin Instant Radiance In-Shower Mask £18 for 75ml is a multi-tasking mask for the face and ideal for an instant pick-me-up shot of radiance in under 5 minutes. Simply apply the mask to the face and then either rinse off under the shower or with a warm cloth. It's filled with natural ingredients such as pumpkin enzymes, which help balance the skin and is anti-inflammatory. Pumpkin is often used in skincare as has a small molecule structure so can penetrate the skin, ensuring deeper delivery of the vitamins and minerals it contains. It also contains Cranberry Fruit Powder, a natural exfoliator to rid the skin of dead cells, leaving it bright and feeling refreshed. Ideal for all skin types, this is a great mask especially if you have been feeling under the weather, and need to inject some radiance into your skin.

Once again it's a thumbs up for me from The Body Shop. Have a look at the range here www.thebodyshop.com














No comments:

Post a Comment