Sunday 24 October 2021

L'Occitane Christmas Gift Selection Sample Reviews

 


Christmas is no doubt my favourite time of the year. It's not just because of what it stands for, but it brings out the child in me. The excitement of gifting others, the warming scent of cinnamon and clove (as my house is currently filled with), the rich jewel colours that fill the shops, and of course the sparkle. I usually start decorating the house the first week of December however, for the sake of sample reviewing I now have my berry wreath on my windowsill and it's making me feel very enthusiastic to start testing and writing.

I'm blessed that whilst I don't get paid for writing, I do get some amazing samples sent to me. L'Occitane has long been one of my favourite skincare and body brands, and so I was super excited to receive some goodies from them to test. Now I will tell you now that if I don't like a product, I simply don't feature it. I can also tell you now that anything sent from L'Occitane has always had my shout out, from press, radio to now blog. I love the quality of the products and, whilst I don't fall for packaging, I am a sucker for it at Christmas. Here's what they have in store for you this year. 

L'Occitane Neroli & Orchidee Eau Intense Body Milk £24.50 245ml & L'Occitane Neroli & Orchidee Eau Intense Shower Gel £16.50 245ml


This luxurious Body Milk glides on a dream and sinks into the skin leaving it softy hydrated. It's filled with nourishing ingredients such as Shea Butter, Sunflower Seed Oil and scented with delicious Bitter Orange Extract that gives light and delicate floral notes. This alongside the nurturing smell of vanilla leaves skin smelling utterly edible. It soaked into my crocodile skin legs and left them feeling smooth and velvety.

You only need a small amount of the shower gel on one of those body puffs to produce a lather of soft bubbles. The whole bathroom was filled with the sensual scent of soft floral, which wafted through the house. Again with notes of Bitter Orange, it cleanses the skin deeply ridding of any dirt without stripping the skin from it's natural oils. 

L'Occitane Cherry Blossom My Tenderness Essentials £12 


Absolutely incredibly value at just £12 you get a trio of products in the cutest hanging tin packaging. Inside the box is a metal (resusable) tin, shaped like a stocking and filled with Shimmering Body Lotion 35ml, Bath & Shower Gel 35ml and Hand Cream 10ml. I was sent the beautiful, flirty Cherry Blossom set, a light, fruity and playful scent and perfect for those who don't like anything too overpowering.


 This set contains everything you need to pamper your body before a night out. I love how you can re-use the tin, just bring it out year after year and re-fill with goodies!

L'Occitane A Winter Walk Light Hand Cream £21.50 150ml and A Winter Walk Lip Balm £9 12ml


A friend of mine is a skin scientist and I met with her the other day for quick catch up. She is incredibly intelligent and I often wonder what we have in common (not selling myself short, but she is a professor)! Well last week she pulled out of her bag this hand cream, and thus ensued 10 minutes of just why we have common ground.  Ideal for hairdressers, nurses, gardeners, skiers, dog walkers just about anyone who needs some TLC on their hands. I have actually written a separate blog on Immortelle hand cream, and this is their Christmas edition. It's beautifully packaged and the product itself is filled with nourishing ingredients to help the driest of hands. Ingredients such as Shea Butter, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil not only enrich hands and cuticles but also have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory agents to help with sensitive skin. 


The Lip Balm also has enriching qualities and as you can see from my lips gives just a light coating of balm. A must have now the wind is picking up and the cold nights are setting in. Central heating strips the air of moisture creating chapped and dry lips, and this balm will keep them kissable for that mistletoe kiss. 
L'Occitane Facecare Gift Set £26


Not only the perfect gift for skincare addicts, but also incredible value to sample the best of L'Occitane's skincare range.  The sets come in various types of products, and this one contains 4 generous sample sizes of L'Occitane Immortelle range (see previous post on in-depth review of the amazing benefits of Immortelle). Included is Immortelle Divine Cream 8ml, Immortelle Overnight Reset Serum 5ml, Immortelle Precious Essential Water 30ml and Oil-to-Milk Facial Make-Up Remover 30ml.  You only need a small amount of product so should get a good weeks worth. 

Immortelle is suitable for most skin types, and is incredibly anti-ageing and very hydrating, so ideal to protect against cold winter elements. It's ideal for mature, dry skin or those who need a bit more radiance. Everyone should re-evaluate their skin care regime, as the seasons change and so do the conditions are skin has to cope with. We may find that if we suffer from normal to combination skin in the summer, it becomes dryer and more sensitive in the winter. 

This is the perfect gift set and comes in a beautiful recycled cotton bag which, can be used as a makeup bag, peg bag, anything you like bag!

To see more of the seasonal L'Occitane gifts check out their website here at www.uk.loccitane.com












No comments:

Post a Comment