Wednesday 4 May 2022

Blistex Lip Infusions / Protect. SPF50+ Sample Review prices from RRP £2.79

 


I am often asked  'what are your desert island products'? Aside from sunscreen, tweezers and my dog, I always mention my Blistex Relief Cream. For as far as I can remember, it's the one product I insist on packing and has travelled with me all over the world. 

To me lip conditioner is an absolute must especially with my large lips, they often get dry, cracked and peeling when I'm exposed to the sun. Blistex has long led the way in the 'best lip balm' category, and so it's a brand I always revert back to buying.  I not only use it to moisturise my lips but will often just fill my lips in with a neutral lip pencil, and apply the balm on top to finish off my make up look.

Every year lip balms are re-launched or a new concept appears, and today I was sent the new 'Lip Infusions' RRP £2.99.


The first thing that struck me was the gorgeous, lip smacking smell. The pink 'Nourish' is a berry flavoured balm, that had me re-licking my lips (not a good idea as that instantly dehydrates).  Ingredients include:-
  • Coconut Oil - antibacterial - coconut oil provides a barrier to stop bacteria getting into the skin. Moisturising and nourishing, helps heal and prevent chapped lips. 
  • Beeswax - lubricating and also puts a protective film across the lips, again stopping bacteria from entering the skin. Conditions lips and prevents flakiness. 
  • Vitamin E - boosts circulation and helps skin cell turnover. 
The Soothing Lip Infusion is a delicate flavour cucumber and what, to me smelt like an apple scent. Again contains Coconut oil and Beeswax but also contains:-
  • Cucumber Seed Oil - cooling, ideal if your lips have had too much sun.
  • Calendula - repairing and nourishing, a must have to keep lips soft and feeling supple.
Both Lip Infusions contain SPF 15 so protect the delicate lip area from UV damage.



If you are going on holiday, be it full summer sun, skiing or exposing your lips to harsh elements such as the sea, then you'll need extra protection on the lips. The Blistex Protect SPF 50+ RRP £2.79 gives optimum lip protection for both children and adults, from both UVA and UVB rays.  It has just a slight scent making it a universal product for both men and women. I keep one in my car just to massage in when I'm on the school run or sitting in traffic - I not only rub it into my lips, but any excess I also put around my cuticles and on my dry and brittle nails. The nourishing vitamins and oils instantly hydrate and nourish the driest of skins. It's infused with antioxidants such as vitamin C & E, which help protect the skin from harsh elements such as city pollution, whilst nourishing, healing and protecting at the same time.

Limited ranges are available to purchase from most major supermarkets and pharmacists, or to view the full range, see here at www.blistex.co.uk






No comments:

Post a Comment