Monday 16 May 2022

Pixi Glow-y Lip Oil Sample Review RRP £14

 


I have a love/hate relationship with lip oils. I love them as when we get older, a dewy lip is by far more flattering than a matte shade and I dislike them, because they can cause lip colour to bleed into our fine lines, and on a blustery day my hair often finds itself stuck to my lips. So I am forever on the search for that perfect, non sticky, non tacky lip oil.

Today I think I have found the perfect solution!  Pixi Glow-y Lip Oil is not just a lip oil to get super, shiny lips. It's actually a lip treatment that conditions your lips and prepares them for lipstick application, as well as being an anti-aging treatment. 


They come in two flavours Mint-y and Dream-y. Mint-y as you may expect has a refreshing mint flavour for daytime use, whilst Dream-y has a subtle lavender scent for the evening. Both are clear in colour and have the same non-sticky texture. The roller ball design means that bacteria doesn't enter into the product, unlike many 'pot' design treatments, which are my bug-bear (pardon the pun). 


As mentioned above these are not just to give your lips a dewy sheen, they both contain active ingredients such as:
Mint-y
  • Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil - anti-inflammatory, cooling and anti-bacterial.
  • Avocado Oil - hydrating and can give the illusion of fuller lips. 
  • Jojoba Seed Oil - contains an abundance of vitamins and minerals, to help nourish and repair dry, cracked lips.
  • Meadowfoam Oil - full of nutrients that help create a barrier on the lips to lock in moisture.
Dream-y
  • Lavandula Hybrida Oil - anti-inflammatory, soothing and healing for dry, sore lips.
  • Grape Seed Oil - nourishing, full of antioxidants, helps protect the lips from environmental pollutions and UV rays. 
  • Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil - helps stimulate collagen for a plumper looking pout!

They get a huge thumbs up from me, as give a nice dewy sheen, not an oil slick and hence kept my lips feeling soft and supple all day. I loved them applied over my lip pencil as gave a very long lasting colour, but also just applied on their own in the photo! You can check out the rest of the range here at www.pixibeauty.co.uk







No comments:

Post a Comment