Wednesday 11 May 2022

L'Occitane En Provence Verbena Range Sample Review

 


I think we all underestimate the power of fragrance. Fragrance doesn't just make us 'smell nice', it has the power to change our moods, to nurture, to awaken. It can bring back hidden memories so powerful that it can stop us in it's tracks. All I have to do is smell the rain hitting the earth, when I'm in the woods for my eyes to smart with tears (reminds me of my father who recently passed away). So powerful is fragrance that it can heal our minds mentally and promote a feeling of well-being.

The Verbena range at L'Occitane, alongside the Shea Butter is a fragrance that for me, does just this. In 2014 I had a full on breakdown, following the end of my marriage and facing life as a single parent. The Priory called it 'Adjustment Disorder'. All I can remember is that for the weeks following (I was inpatient for 10 days), I would drop the children to school, then go back to bed and just cry. As I slowly started to heal, I looked for ways to lift my mood, to give me energy, hope even, and that is when I re-discovered the Verbena range.

It's sharp, citrus scent revitalises the most tired and physically drawn out minds. The fresh lemon scent awakens the spirit and without sounding too 'poetic' it really does put you on the first rung of the ladder, when all you want to do is stay inside and not face the world. 


I craftily asked my lovely PR's if they would send me some samples to review, but the truth of it is - as a single parent, I can't afford to treat myself as every spare penny I get goes on the children. However, next month it is my 50th,  I wanted to feel a bit special and I knew that rather than gift my samples to family and friends for birthdays etc, I desperately wanted to pamper myself with this range on my birthday. 
Verbena Shower Gel £17 250ml


The Verbena Shower Gel will transport you to the Mediterranean orange and lemon groves. You only need a tiny amount on a body puff to produce a heavenly lather that provides mass bubbles that cover the whole body. First thing in the morning it will set you up for the day, and last thing at night it's the perfect wind down. Ingredients include:-
  • Citriodora Leaf Extract - helps condition the skin and is a mild astringent, so can help minimise the look of large pores.
  • Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil - an essential oil that helps control the production of sebum and therefore is good for oily, acne prone skin types.
You can also purchase in the re-fill size packaging, alongside an aluminium bottle and so makes the product environmentally friendly.

Verbena Foaming Bath £28 500ml


The perfect unwind after a stressful day. Again you only need a small amount to produce an oasis of bubbles that will slow down an over-worked mind. As with the Shower Gel, the scent of delicious orange and sharp lemon is revitalising and perfect for warm summer days. I broke my ankle a few months ago, and still suffer a lot of pain, especially in my leg muscles - this bubble bath is the perfect antidote for tired, aching and stressed out muscles.  Active ingredients are similar to the shower gel however, with the added bonus that simply a small amount scents the whole house - more than my candles! It comes in an aluminium bottle that can be re-cycled and so environmentally friendly. 

Verbena Body Lotion £25 250ml


To make the fragrance last all day, finish off with the lightweight body lotion. The lotion sinks easily into the skin and so is easy to apply without using arduous arm muscle. Often I don't have time to sit and massage in for lotion to disappear, this lotion simply disappears and leaves skin feeling soft, supple and smelling completely edible. Ingredients include:-
  • Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil - Grape Seed oil contains high levels of linoleic, an omega 6 fatty acid, which help control acne prone skin types. It's anti-inflammatory and is a good source of vitamin E, helping protect the skin from environmental pollution. 
  • Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil - again full of essential fatty acids that help oily skin types and also helps retain the skins elasticity. Sunflower Seed Oil also has a high amount of magnesium, that flushes out bacteria and germs making this a good anti-bacterial oil.
  • Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract - often used for it's anti-inflammatory properties, and is ideal for those who have redness or suffer from skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis.
The range is simply divine, it makes a wonderful treat for yourself or a present for anyone who needs a little uplift in their life. In the past I have gifted a shower gel or lotion, wrapped in tissue paper and it has been very gratefully received. You can check out the 5 star reviews and the rest of the range here at www.uk.loccitane.com









No comments:

Post a Comment