Wednesday 11 May 2022

The Body Shop White Musk Eau De Toilette RRP £16 30ml

 


I turn 50 this year, to be precise on the 2nd June born on the Queens Coronation Day. This year whilst everyone else will be celebrating the extra bank holiday, I will be celebrating the fact I've made it this far. My journey has been very tested however, through trials we learn wisdom and with wisdom we grow...so I tell myself.....

Anyway I've been a beauty writer now for over 25 years - starting this journey whilst working in the City, writing online side for a large direct beauty sales company as their Beauty Editor and 'Agony Aunt'.  Following this, I then have been writing 7 years for the press and on the radio. Now as life takes me into a new chapter, time is short and so I concentrate mainly online and across social media platforms. I've been reminiscing of late, and so it only seems apt to weave this into my reviews, and as such I will be focussing the next few weeks on products that have 'stood the test of time', products that I love so much I have always reverted back to. Kicking off this is The Body Shop White Musk fragrance.



I must have been around 17 when I first started wearing Dewberry (now discontinued) and White Musk. To this day, White Musk is still one of my favourite scents, and one that I am often asked 'ooh I love your fragrance, what is it'?  Often we are so inundated with campaigns of new fragrances, each one adding in a new trend (this decade wood notes have really had their shine). So it's nice when the archived scents make a return (I so wish they would bring back Dewberry).  

White Musk is a sweet, nurturing, soft scent. It's slightly playful and floral with notes of aldehydes and jasmine. Think summer strolls in the Mediterranean, where the heady jasmine vines wind there way around white washed walls. The base notes of sensual musk, leave a delicate soft scent that's clean and light. It's very floral but not sickly so, as the musk gives it a slight edge. You only have to look at the reviews online, to see that it has a very loyal fanbase!

As with all The Body Shop scents it's cruelty free and vegan and comes in a recyclable bottle. You can purchase this here at www.thebodyshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment