Wednesday 25 May 2022

Barry M Eyes On The Go Mini Cream Eyeshadow Palettes £6.99

 


I have to admit when I first saw these palettes I didn't give them much of a glance. The colours looked standard, a bit wishy washy and a few of them slightly garish to use on the eyes (unless in festival mood). Well how wrong I was! I think the issue is that they are marketed as 'eyeshadow cream palettes', when in fact they are so much more!

The formulas are super creamy, blend like a dream and yet instantly dry to a light, semi-matte texture. They don't crease, the colours just fuse together and stay put! Yet this is just the start. I soon realised that the pink makes the perfect, punchy lip colour, and for those who are in a rush doubles up as a blusher. The deep red looks amazing and dramatic with a swipe of gloss on the lids and on the lips.



However, what has me so excited is that you can mix the colours together, creating a huge spectrum of shades to play with. It's like being inside a paint box!


For testing I didn't bother using any brushes, I just swirled my fingers into the colour and mixed together on the back of my hand. Lilac is a colour that really suits brown eyes, so I simply mixed the pink and the deep purple to give the most beautiful, pastel, lilac shade (see above photo). I then just patted a little of the pink into the apples of my cheeks and dabbed some on my lips.

Below I mixed the red with the deep purple to give a luscious colour that looks amazing on dark skin tones. It really has given me an afternoon of fun and brought out the artist in me!




Again with the neutral shades, you can use your imagination and create so many unique looks, from natural daytime to glamourous evening looks. You can use the neutral colours to sculpt cheekbones, create depth and highlight areas of the face. 

So these are far from your average 'eyeshadow cream palettes'. As with all Barry M products these are cruelty free. Well done Barry M - I think you've led the way here!  You can purchase these for £6.99 at www.barrym.com





No comments:

Post a Comment