Thursday 25 November 2021

Toy / Game Christmas Gift Guide Sample Review

 


I don't usually review toys for my blog however, I have been venturing into other areas of writing reviews and as I have many friends with children, well let's say they'll be getting nice gifts this year!  I also do like to review gifts that are a little different and so out of the gifts that were sent to me, here's a few of my favourites. 

Dantoy BIOplastic Bio Ice Cream Set Gift Box £14.99 www.smythstoys.com


There are several reasons why I love this Ice Cream Set Gift Box. Firstly, I'm a huge fan of playing shops and make believe, my kids both had a 'kitchen' when they were young and loved to role play serving and making food. However, the reason why I wanted to 'showcase' this is all down to the brand. The products are actually made from sugarcane! The process involves transforming the cane into ethanol (alcohol), that is in turn used to make 'green plastic'. When humans use energy i.e. driving CO2 is released into the air, and Sugarcane absorbs CO2 as it grows, so it's almost like a 'circle of life'. The toys are 100% recyclable too. 

This set has all you need to develop fine motor skills as contains 3 cones, 2 tubs, ice cream scoops, stand and scooper. This set will guarantee hours of fun and is an ideal set to either play alone or with friends.

Dantoy BIOplastic Tiny Bio Stacking Play Cups £13.99 www.smythstoys.com


Again from the same company are these stacking cups, made from the same 'sugarcane' materials. Ideal from the age of 6 months to help brain function and develop problem solving. They can also be used for those with dementia to help encourage creativity and problem solving. Not only that but each stacking cup can be used to create moulds or use as cutters for baking cookies! You can use them in the bath for scooping out water and watching the water flow through the holes. With so many different purposes, this is one of the best gifts I've seen this year. These multi-purpose stacking cups are also 100% recyclable.

Ginger Fox Bajillions Family Party Game £15.99 www.amazon.co.uk


Now I haven't actually played this game yet, but having opened up and read through the rules I can definitely see my youngest loving this game. It kind of reminds me of a 'play your cards right', mixed in with trivia and money. The object of the game is to win 3 'Bajillions' by betting on which trivia has the biggest number. An example of such trivia is 'how many words in the Korean language'.  It's a great educational game, whilst also having a bit of betting fun too! It's 12 plus and does require thinking but along the way you will learn some great facts!

Ginger Fox The Emoji Game £7.99 www.johnlewis.com 



Definitely my choice of Christmas Day fun. This game is everything that our family love, competitive and stupid. A game that is not too taxing on the brain after a full Christmas dinner, but guaranteed to give you lots of laughs - and for me, one that doesn't require too much clearing away!  The object of the game is a bit like trumps, to obtain a full set of 'emoji' cards. However, to get your full set be prepared to do a variety of silly tasks! Not only is it the perfect size to take to someone's house to play but also makes a great stocking filler! 








No comments:

Post a Comment