Wednesday 10 November 2021

Christmas Gift Guide Under £30 (Sample Reviews)

 


An odd choice for a photo cover however, it's perfectly apt as I've been doing all the 'hard work' (ok that's stretching it just slightly), sifting through the best of Christmas gifts that I know will be surely appreciated. With my fairy Godmother wand I'm taking all the hassle and stress out of Christmas shopping, and giving you my final (ok I think they'll be more to come) round-up of the best gifts, and to boot products that can be purchased online and under £30. Leaving you time to take a stroll along the seafront, ramble through the woods or just to have some 'you' time. 

Humble Cleansing Bath Soaps £10.50 3x75g & Sweet Pea & Verbena Bath Honey £10 275ml www.creightons.com and Amazon



I wanted to feature this brand not just for their quality products but because of their passion for our planet. Not only is the packaging in these products recyclable but made with natural, biodegradable ingredients. 

The 3 Cleansing Bars come in 3 delicately scented fragrances Rose & Frankincense, Sweet Pea & Verbena and Honeysuckle. With ingredients that nourish the skin these are as far from 'soaps' as you may expect. The key ingredient is Sodium Palmate made from Palm Oil and is a safer, non-irritating ingredient to other harsher chemicals often found in soaps. Also containing Sodium Cocoate, a fatty acid derived from coconut oil that is nourishing and moisturising to the skin. The Cleansing Bars lathered up nicely (although I do always use my body puff), and left my skin smelling gently scented (my favourite being the Sweet Pea & Verbena). An ideal gift for one person or split into 3 separate gifts as each soap is individually wrapped.

There is something rather comforting about pouring a bath with 'Bath Honey', as this bubble bath is named. Made from 96% naturally derived ingredients, it still produced a decent lather (essential for my bath), and filled the bathroom with the gentle scent of Sweet Pea. Key ingredients include not only skin smoothing honey, but also Willow Bark Extract which is ideal for soothing irritated skin and Ivy Leaf Extract that can help with skin inflammation. 

Florence By Mills London Calling £21www.beautybay.comwww.asos.com and www.lookfantastic.com


Support all things British by buying this brand which is inspired by Mill's heritage. This fabulous set contains Bow under the Eyes Gel Pads  - refreshing eye pads ideal for hungover and tired eyes; Get Glossed Lip Gloss - the most beautiful metallic, peachy, bronze lip gloss and Build to Lash Mascara - ideal for lengthening and thickening lashes. The packaging is super cute but what sold it to me, above others is the gorgeous lip shade that suits every skin tone. 

Looney Tunes Make Up Blender £3.99 www.madbeauty.com


If you have never heard of Mad Beauty before and love a kitsch, fun brand and still have that inner child in you, then let me introduce you to them. I've been featuring Mad Beauty for many years and would often put them in the press for Christmas Gifts. The website is filled with character inspired beauty products from Warner Bros to Winnie The Pooh. 

This make up sponge is essential for applying foundation and concealer, and makes the perfect stocking present or Santa surprise for under £5. My daughter has already claimed this as hers!

Disney Mandalorian The Child Cosmetic Bag £9.99


There's a few reasons why I love this bag and I'm actually not a star wars fan. I love that it is roomy enough to hold a full make up kit, that it can be used for a pencil case but most of all I love it's patent plasticky shiny material. It's sturdy so will hold a lot, but it's kitsch feel just deserves to be held and looked at every day!
Winnie The Pooh Eyeshadow Palette £14.99




Sometimes I review a product and I put it straight into my make up box and this is one of them. Hands off anyone else. Who doesn't love Winne The Pooh - that's not a question and who doesn't love the cutest packaging there is! Containing a decent size mirror with a pop up Pooh scene, this gorgeous palette contains 16 neutral eyeshades that are simply stunning. Included are matte shades, shimmers and a glitter - the pigments are just amazing and I can hand on eye say,  this is on par if not better than my Charlotte Tilbury palette. So excited am I, I'm going to do a separate reel on Instagram! This is when writing unpaid is definitely worth it! The colours from dusky pink, aubergine, taupe, gold and violet suit every eye colour. It's a palette you'll want to lock yourself away and just play with!

Floating Humidifier £9.99 www.iwantoneofthose.com



OMG I am absolutely loving this humidifier. It's the perfect gift for anyone to use in any room of the house. Ideal if you are working from home, add some essential oil of peppermint or lemongrass to awaken the senses or lavender to relax. It's so easy to use - simply plug it in and place in water to float! Take it on holiday, use it at the office, next to your bed anywhere! It's one of those presents that will be used all the time, especially in the winter to help combat the effects of central heating and ideal if, like me, you suffer from bad sinuses. I think I'm going to have to buy more of these as gifts - I'd never even gone on to this website and now I'm addicted!

Handsfree Phone Holder £6.50 www.kikkerland.com



I've only recently activated my old Instagram account and have been getting lessons from my eldest who's just got her distinction in Social Media - evidently she's not a good teacher and evidently I have a lot to learn! Well this amazing gadget just made life easier. Brilliant for those who love to do reels, videos for whatever reason and need their hands free. Simply clip in your phone (I have a 7 plus and it adjusts to any size phone), and tighten the little plastic screw and away you go. I did a short review on my Insta account @askmollybeauty and loved it! Ideal for teenagers or anyone who loves their social media - also ideal for filming pets, cooking etc! For the price it's a huge thumbs up from me! 

Sanctuary Spa Wellness : Slumber Box £20 www.sainsburys.comwww.boots.comwww.amazon.com


Sanctuary Spa Little Spa Retreat £10


The Sanctuary Spa have gone all out this year with their Christmas gift sets, aimed with one purpose in mind, to give everyone the gift of relaxation. There's something for every budget whether a stocking filler for £5 or a more extravagant gift for over £40. 

The Slumber Box is ideal for those in desperate need of sleep and contains Sleep Mist 100ml, De-Stress Bath Salts 150g and De-Stress Warming Body Balm 75ml, all infused with Lavender Oil.  The Warming Body Balm is ideal for those who suffer with aching joints and restless legs, and contains Ginger oil to warm the muscles, whilst the De-Stress Bath Salts contain magnesium known to aid in restful sleeping by relaxing tight, tired and sore muscles. 

The Little Spa Retreat contains 4 travel sizes of the Sanctuary Spas signature scent, which gives that instant tension release. Included is Body Wash, Body Lotion both 75ml, Body Scrub 50ml and Hand Cream 30ml (perfect handbag size). The gift sets are Vegan and all the packaging is reusable and plastic free. 

Paul & Joe Silky Hand Cream 40ml £14 www.beautybay.com


Paul & Joe Treatment Lipstick £22

The ideal gift for those who love kitsch, vintage products without compromising on the quality of a product. Often brands spend their cash on the packaging and forget about the actual performance of a product - not so, Paul & Joe! This amazing Silky Hand Cream contains Olive Seed Oil and Grape Seed Oil, which creates a barrier on the hands without leaving them feeling greasy. Ideal for those who work outside, with elements such as water and especially to help moisturise and nourish when using anti-bacterial gel.

The Treatment Lipstick already has my best friends name on it. She adores cats so much, she volunteers at a cat charity and makes amazing 'cat gifts', she's a cat scanner and she has 5 rescues - so I know she's going to absolutely love this cute gift. Not only is the lipstick shaped like a pussycat with a hat, but it contains nourishing ingredients such as Jojoba Seed Oil and Honey Extract to really soothe dry, chapped lips. Very slightly tinted this makes lips feel plumped and hydrated. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment