Tuesday 16 November 2021

Quirky Christmas Gifts For Everyone! Sample Reviews

 

My idea of Christmas is quite simple, it's to spend time with my loved ones and it's always about giving. Not necessarily spending lots of money, just gifting someone with time over a cuppa, which I think is worth more than it's weight in gold. Also sometimes buying gifts for people causes more stress than what should be pleasure. 'Will they like it'? What if it doesn't fit? Do they offer refunds? It shouldn't be about this, it should be about simply raising a smile on a face. That saying many of us do gift at Christmas and, whilst many of us know what we love, it's nice just to choose something unusual, something out of the ordinary, something useful and so here's my best round-up!

Shoe Ponchos £8.99 www.theunusualgiftcompany.com


What a brilliant idea! For under a tenner, coming in at small and large are these brilliant 'anoraks' for shoes. Ideal for when you get out the car and you don't have your 'muddy walking boots/trainers' on you, and you don't want to get your shoes/gym trainers getting muddy. In my instance this pair is ideal for watching my son play footie, walking the dog or simply carrying in my bag for emergencies. Not only do they cover the whole shoe but they zip up, tie up and they also have grips on them, making them ideal for wet, snowy weather! 

Plant Mister Brass €37 www.kikkerlandeu.com

I actually wanted to direct people to the website Kikkerland as they have so many unusual gadget gifts. They also offer shipping to the UK. This Plant Mister is made from 100% brass and perfect for those who love their plants. It sprays a fine full mist to ensure your plants get even coverage and are fully hydrated. I'm personally not a gardener however, I have filled this up with water and a few drops of essential oils, hey presto my beautiful room spray!

Old & Wise Pen Set £7.99 www.stanfords.co.uk


The perfect gift to give that old man in your life, be it your boyfriend, dad, grandad or even your mum. The gift is, in my opinion perfect as a 'jokey' present and hence it's going in the boyfriends stocking. Alternatively it can be given as a present suggesting intelligence to your favourite teacher! Novelty yes, insulting yes, make sure your recipient has a sense of humour!

Tick Tool €6.50 www.kikkerlandeu.com


Another useful gadget this time for dog lovers. Easy to keep on the dog lead or on a belt loop this is a must, especially in the summer weather and especially if walking in meadows and long grass. I have a pooch and often walk in the summer over the fields. Ticks not only are a pain in dogs but can also cause Lyme disease, so IMO every dog owner should have a gadget like this for 'just in case'. 

Key Ring Shopping Bag £8.95 www.grahamandgreen.co.uk


Once you have one of these you will be wondering how you shopped without it. If, like me, you are constantly forgetting to carry your reusable bags with you, then this is ideal so you don't get caught out having to buy a plastic bag. For me personally, I wouldn't have it on my 'car keyring' as a little bulky for that, but for when I am popping out walking to the shops it's ideal. Also for hands-free can be simply attached to your trouser loop or even a toggle on your coat. It's strong and best of all holds a decent amount of shopping!

Wine Wicker Cooler €5 www.kikkerlandeu.com


This insulated bag is a must for our hot summer months (I live and dream)! This year saw many of us unable to go on holiday abroad, and instead making the most of our beautiful country parks and our wonderful beaches. Kept in your car this is ideal for when you decide you want to go on a last minute picnic. It's easy to carry and will keep your 'white or rosé' nice and chilled!

Honored Elders Jigsaw Puzzle €15 www.kikkerlandeu.com


This is a very unusual gift and one that had I not seen the background of, to be honest wouldn't have picked. However, I do love a gift with a meaning. This is the perfect gift for those who like to raise awareness of recycling and saving our planet, and those who want our children to have a voice. It's something I feel quite passionate about. Honored Elders are Fresh Artists Chip Art Program portraits and feature elders who have been prominent in Fresh Artist children. The jigsaw is made from sample chips obtained from landfills and then made into mosaics before being recycled onto cardboard! The funds made from these unusual gifts go towards underfunded schools in America. 

Love Me Do Crank Music Box £7.50 www.musicroom.com


This is a very nostalgic gift for me, and one that I think young children will love. My darling father bought me one of these when I was a child from a German Christmas market in Frankfurt, and I have often given it a whirl over the last 45 years. Sadly it broke this year and so I was chuffed when I was sent one to test. Not just to replace mine but the fact that they are still making them. It's a little novelty gift but the delicate tinkling tune, is reminiscent of Christmas albeit I left mine out on display all year round. 







No comments:

Post a Comment