Saturday 27 November 2021

Seeds of Colour Multi Use Colour Balm 8ml RRP £21 Sample Review

 


Time is of the essence for most of us and so when cosmetic brands started bringing out multi-use products many moons ago they took the market by storm. Purposely aimed at those busy working, too rushed off their feet to apply a face of makeup but needing something to make them look 'alive', these multi purpose balms for eyes, lips and cheeks have proven very popular.

So when I heard about the launch of the new brand Seeds of Colour, I was excited to try the samples sent. Unfortunately I couldn't go to the launch as my darling father has passed away recently and, as expected, my mind and heart was not into testing samples. So today, having got back from my blustery dog walk, I was rooting through which samples to test and these popped out - and I'm so glad they did.

At first I wasn't expecting much, after all I love my Stila Convertible (those in the know will know this is one of the original multi-purpose balms), and I was wondering how this would top it. Well it has and more for many reasons.

Firstly, the product itself is organic and vegan, in fact behind the brand is Justine Jenkins, a hugely successful make-up artist who pioneers in cruelty free cosmetics (she has worked alongside PETA). Also behind the brand is NIAB, a plant research organisation based in Cambridge - an organisation that looks at pigment extraction from plants and vegetables. Finally on board is Solent University, who helped brand the design with input and skill from their students. 


With the above knowledge it's easy to see why I was so impressed with the actual product itself. Only a tiny amount is needed on the back of the hand, then simply swiped across lips, lids and dotted and patted into the cheeks, gives a healthy complexion and the easiest 1,2,3 make-up look. The dewy texture is hard to capture as I refuse to use filters however, you can see it gave my lips a swash of colour. You can build up the colour to the density you prefer, be it for a day or an evening look. The colour doesn't transfer and stays put. 

The ingredients read like a skincare list and include:-
  • Neroli Flower Oil - antimicrobial, antioxidant and antifungal.
  • Sunflower Seed Oil - contains Vitamin E and linoleic acid, so hydrating and full of antioxidants.
  • Coconut Oil - moisturising and hydrating, ideal for sensitive and chapped skin.
  • Castor Seed Oil - full of essential fatty acids and helps keep skin supple. 
  • Beet Root Extract - rich in Vitamin C so can help protect the skin from aging.





These balms are ideal to carry in your handbag, ideal to put in your car or gym bag, and make fantastic presents for mums, nurses, teachers anyone who is rushed on time.

I haven't tested them all, as I want to give one to my mum for Christmas, but I can safely say I am a total convert. You can see from the photos just how easy there are to blend, and how the colour just gives the perfect dewy tint to the lips. 


Please do check out their website seedsofcolour.com. I don't get paid for writing and so only put out products that I love, and think readers would love. These get my 10/10! 

No comments:

Post a Comment