Thursday 25 November 2021

The Hair Boss by Lisa Shepherd XXL Sample Review

 


My hair is naturally dark brown, actually correction it is naturally white grey/dark brown and in the last year or so, it's becoming more white grey than dark brown! Unfortunately it has gotten to the stage where brown permanent hair dye only lasts a few weeks before those pesky whites come through, and as such for the last year I have disguised this by having lots of blonde highlights. My kids think I look younger being blonder, and call it midlife crisis but every time I see my hairdresser I ask her to add more bleach. There is a price to pay for this though, and that price is my hair is getting very badly damaged.

I have been using Olaplex however, being a single mum I just cannot afford to keep using the stuff. Yes it is good, but not for my bank balance. So I was very happy when I received these samples of The Hair Boss Double Hair Mask Bond Restorer Phase 1 and Moisture Hit Phase 2. Especially in the huge litre sizes!

Now whilst the products combined have been dubbed as the Olaplex on the high street, I'm never convinced unless I try the products for myself. I will pick out some of the ingredients but first, lets start with the application. I'm quite a fan of the process of The Hair Boss Bond Restorer, as it's easy to do in the shower. None of this faffing around and 'apply before you shampoo' lark, often resulting in me  having to walk around with the product dripping on my shoulders and floor. No they've made this easy -  simply apply Phase 1 after shampooing, then immediately Phase 2, wait a few minutes then wash out. This meant that I didn't have to get out of the shower, and could simply leave the product to work whilst I shaved, body scrubbed and lathered up, then stand under the shower and rinse out!  The product itself is a pleasant 'salon' fragrance, not heavy just lightly refreshing. After rinsing out, I just brushed through with my 'Mantra, detangling brush' and let to dry naturally. 

It's too early to say whether it has a long term effect on my hair, but I did like the way I could leave the serum etc and it dried without frizz (something my hair naturally does).

So lets look at the ingredients.


Sweet Almond Oil - helps prevent breakages, nourishing, soothes itchy scalps and hydrating.

Jojoba Seed Oil - rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B, C and E. Helps strengthen hair and reduces hair loss.

Shea Butter - an excellent emollient to help moisturise dry, itchy scalps and those that suffer with eczema or sensitive scalps. Helps seal in moisture so a good conditioner. 

Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin - the key protein that actually can penetrate the hair shaft, replacing lost protein and so strengthens the hair. When hair is bleached or chemically altered it loses it's elasticity and so breaks easily. Keratin helps restore the elasticity and so hair looks and feels much healthier.

This is a best selling hair duo and so it makes sense to put them into huge litre sizes. The value for money at £39.99 for both is brilliant as will last months. You can purchase these products and more online at www.thehairboss.co.uk




No comments:

Post a Comment