Wednesday 30 March 2022

Dr Teal's Soothe & Sleep Range Sample Review

 


My favourite time of the day is around 8.30pm, it's when I usually manage to have my first sit down for the day to relax (unless I'm typing of course). Up until 8.30pm I am manic busy, school runs, chores, walking the dog, writing etc and so come 8.30pm I make my cuppa and sink into my recliner chair and sigh. The aim is to watch some TV but I usually end of channel hopping and flopping into bed around 9pm utterly exhausted.  Most of the time I fall asleep straight away, as I simply can't keep my eyes open (my alarm clock is off at 6am) however, with this comes the 4 hour sleep cycle, which means by 1am I wake up and spend around 3 hours trying to avoid irrational thinking! I don't have any blue light on, I don't eat sugar, I don't have caffeine and still my sleep cycle in a nutshell is horrendous!

Lack of sleep can affect everything from our mental and physical well-being, to our relationships, our weight, our moods etc and is essential to be able to function. If I'm lucky I get around 5-6 hours a night, and hence why I have that vicious circle of going to bed early.  My sleep patterns are so erratic that they often induce a condition called Sleep Paralysis, a very scary condition which involves lucid dreaming, reality and the inability to move (I've a separate post on this).

So when a PR offers to send me samples of anything that can aid sleep, well it's a 'yes please'! Putting to the test this week is the Dr Teal's Foaming Bath with Pure Epsom Salt, and Dr Teal's Pure Epsom Salt Soaking Solution. I tested them last night however, took the photos earlier that morning (you don't want to be testing this in the morning unless you've just come off a night shift)!

Pure Epsom Salt Soaking Solution £7.99 21bs


The salts contain the essential mineral Magnesium Sulfate, a mineral that is vital to help our body function correctly. If you don't have enough magnesium you may experience symptoms such as shaking, restless legs, pins and needles, tiredness, nausea, cramping. Thankfully the salts are 'transdermal' which means they can get quickly into the body via topical (creams) or by adding to the bath, as they can get into the blood stream via the skin. Together with the essential oil of lavender they promote a healthier sleep pattern and an instant tension release. 

The salts can be used by either placing in your warm bath (around a handful), and simply lying back and soaking, or one of my favourite methods is to scoop some up with some coconut oil, massage into the skin for a good exfoliation and then let simply drop into the water. The oil will nourish the skin whilst the salts act as a thorough exfoliant. You can also apply a cup to some warm water and place a flannel in the water, rinse out and use as a compress directly on to aching joints.

As a warning, don't drink alcohol after or put too much in the bath, as I've discovered in the past it can make you feel a little sick!

Foaming Bath With Pure Epsom Salt £8.99 1000ml 


If you love the ritual of a bubble bath, then the Foaming Bath has the best of both worlds. Just a small amount placed under running water, transforms your bath into a frothy oasis of floating bubbles with the wonderful lavender fragrance. In fact I left the bathroom door open so my whole upstairs was scented throughout, to give an air of calm before night fall. Not only does lavender help you sleep but it's well known to be anti-inflammatory, so ideal if you've over done a workout, been in the sun or suffering with acne. It's also anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, detoxifying and can help keep minor cuts, grazes clean from infection.

Both the products make wonderful gifts for a new mum, mum to be, carer, sports person, in fact anyone who just needs a little TLC. Very reasonably priced as the large amount will last ages! You can purchase here at www.boots.com and/or www.amazon.com









No comments:

Post a Comment