Monday 4 April 2022

Heritage Store Castor Oil RRP £7.49 Sample Review

 


I can remember many moons ago I wrote a feature all about Castor Oil. Back then I actually had a hard time purchasing it to review, as it had been 'taken off the shelves' from many dispensing pharmacists. The reason being was that pregnant women were digesting internally to bring on labour, and naturally this is not what Castor Oil should be used for. As memory serves, I ended up purchasing some off Ebay of all places and wrote my review!

Thankfully it's now being sold online and you can purchase it from reputable companies such as Heritage Store - I was sent their 'Nourishing Treatment Castor Oil to review, which is vegan and hexane-free. For those that are wondering hexane is a solvent chemical often used in the pressing process. 


So why all the fanfare about this amazing 'healing' oil, well it really is just that - healing. The oil contains an abundance of ingredients that are rich in vitamins, such as vitamin E, fatty acids and Ricinoleic acid. These ingredients are known to be:-
  • Anti-bacterial - good for acne prone skin, inflammation, wound healing.
  • Anti-inflammatory - helps reduce redness, acne, eczema, puffy skin.
  • The Ricinoleic acid is incredibly nourishing and hydrating. It helps banish dry skin patches and is also an excellent conditioner for both eyelashes and hair.
  • Massaged into the scalp or the ends of your hair, it really improves the condition but can also stimulate hair growth due to the proteins it contains.
  • As it's anti-microbial it can help with arthritic joints, soothe aches and pains.
  • It makes an excellent nail treatment as nourishes cuticles and can promote nail growth.
  • If your lips are dehydrated and flaky, just a small amount massaged in will soften lips immediately and remedy chapped lips.
  • Makes the perfect moisturiser for feet, as it's anti-bacterial so helps fight bacteria and fungus infections.

The consistency is quite thick however, I like to put a small amount into my hands every night, I massage it into my scalp, press the excess onto my face, eyelashes and into my nails. It's a wonder product that I will always have next to my bed in my drawer. Many people dilute the oil with another carrier oil, such as coconut or almond to 'thin' the consistency however, I like to use it directly as it comes. If you are looking for a miracle hair growth, Castor Oil does help however, you do need to use it religiously every night for a month or more before you see a difference. 

You can purchase it here at www.amazon.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment