Wednesday 30 March 2022

The Body Shop Wellness Range Sample Review

 


I was super excited to hear that The Body Shop had launched a new range under the 'wellness' umbrella, as being a stressed out, menopausal, broken ankle (broken record I know), single mum - well anything that advocates well-being and stress relief and my hand is the first up to say yes please!

I was sent some information regarding the new range, it's split into 3 'families', Sleep, Boost and Breathe, each category is catered for by using various active ingredients and essential oils to help ease symptoms and provide relief from mental stress.

I was sent the following:-

Boost Uplifting Hair & Body Wash £12 200ml


I was hoping that the juicy, bright bottle and the promise of a 'Boost' would live up to it's name upon opening and it did. A burst of orange citrus hit my nose and instantly made me feel more alert. I love the fact that you can use it on your hair and all over the body, in fact I took it to the swimming pool and it filled the whole area with an uplifting aroma. Someone even mentioned over the cubicle next to me 'ooh that smells nice'! Some of the ingredients include:-
  • Mandarin - rich in Vitamin C, antioxidant and also good for fighting bacteria. 
  • Bergamot - uplifting, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and ideal for acne prone skins. Also good for sensitive skin types. 
  • Olive Fruit Oil - nourishing and hydrating, contains fatty acids to help combat dry skin. 
Sleep Balmy Body Cream £25 200ml



This luxurious, thick cream glides on like a dream and sinks straight into the skin without leaving it feeling greasy. It's perfect for applying after a warm bath in the evening, or for the softest of feet, slathering on and popping a pair of cotton socks on overnight. Skin looks renewed and supple. 

Of course it's now just about how the skin looks or feels, the dreamy cream contains an abundance of ingredients to help calm the mind such as:-
  • Lavender - long been used for it's calming properties, simply the aroma induces instant shoulder drops and releases tension.
  • Vetiver - helps regenerate skin cells (which is why it's used in many night time products, as skin cell turnover is highest at night during rest). Also helps reduce the appearance of blemishes and scarring. 
  • Sunflower Seed Oil / Olive Fruit oil - again these incredibly nourishing and hydrating oils help to really soften the most parched skins. Ideal for not just using at night but if you've been in the sun, as the ingredients help to fight inflammation and redness.
Breathe Calm Balm £9 15g



What the most minty chewing gum does to your breath, this Eucalyptus & Rosemary balm does to your mind. Just a tiny amount applied to the temples, neck, pulse points gives you an instant re-charge. I keep this in my car to help me on my school runs however, there are so many benefits and uses for this such as:-
  • Ideal for drivers, long road journeys, stuck in traffic this is ideal.
  • Before a meeting or applied at your desk to stay alert. 
  • Before an exam. My 13 year old has his PPE examinations (GCSE pre-mocks), and he absolutely loved applying a small amount on his temples before his exams! It's helped him be alert when he needed to be, and has also helped calm him down (he has high functioning autism). 
  • I would also advise using it just on pulse points before a driving/theory test.
  • After the death of my father late last year, I started to have a few panic attacks. I'd read chewing gum helps as the smell takes over the senses and can 'bring you back' and out of the anxiety. This also works to help bring you round and your breathing back to normal. I am gifting this to my mother, as she has been unwell with anxiety attacks recently. 
As always the products are vegan, cruelty free and made with 100% natural essential oils.

Please check out the amazing reviews here at www.thebodyshop.com










No comments:

Post a Comment