Wednesday 2 March 2022

Hada Labo Tokyo Intense Hydrating Skin Plumping Gel RRP £19.99 50ml Sample Review

 


Whilst I'm a quarter Japanese (my grandfather was Japanese and Burmese), I have never been to Japan, the closest I have got to Japan is testing beauty products! So I was intrigued to do a little research into the Japanese philosophy 'wabi-sabi', and found out that they celebrate skincare with simplicity and working in harmony with the skin.

Thankfully, you don't have to go far to get a little Japanese skincare into your regime - Hada Labo Tokyo is now being stocked in Superdrug, and it goes without saying that there are mainly 5 star reviews from customers on all of their products.



I was sent the Intense Hydrating Skin Plumping Gel. Filled with many active ingredients such as:-
  • Squalane - natural anti-oxidant, helps skin keep it's moisture - derived from Squalene a substance that is naturally made up from your skin's natural oil. 
  • Hydrolyzed Collagen - anti-aging helps improve the skins elasticity giving a plumper effect. 
  • Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract - anti-aging, anti-bacterial and has astringent, toning properties. Ideal for those who suffer with breakouts and acne prone skin. 
  • Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid - helps the skin maintain moisture and is also very regenerative. Helps with inflammation and tissue repair. 
  • Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate - skin smoothing, anti-aging and again very good for inflammation. Helps reduce wrinkles and dryness.
I was very impressed with the ingredient list. Of course what matters is how it felt on my face, and having just come back from my first swimming session (broken ankle rehab), my face was feeling taut and tight. This skin plumping gel is incredibly lightweight but sunk in immediately. 


You can see from the photo above that it is not a heavy cream, just a very light gel, making it ideal for all skin types from oily to dry. Upon application it left no sticky residue and my skin immediately felt relieved from the tightness - it was also wonderfully cool to apply. I've taken a photo below so you can see how it sinks in to the back of my hand (the camera just doesn't show it on my face)..


I absolutely love the brand and, as mentioned at the beginning of the review so do many other customers. To see for yourself have a visit at www.superdrug.com





No comments:

Post a Comment