Monday 28 March 2022

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Varnish Spring Collection Sample Review £3.99

 


I have very fond memories of the brand Barry M. I know that I've mentioned this several times when writing for the press, that when I was 13 (37 years ago), my mum started up a shop, an Aladdin's cave of trinkets, treasures and makeup!  Her shop, in Brentwood, Essex was one of the first to stock Barry M products. We used to have a rep come to our house, who would open up her little suitcase and from there we would dive right in and test the samples and decide what products to shop. Back then the only nail varnish was bright fluorescent pink, yellow and green, that sold out thanks to the 80s trend. 

So when I say that I have fond memories, I really do and it's one of the reasons why I have always reviewed and stayed loyal to their products (the Natural Dazzle is the best bronzer I've ever tested - and I have tested hundreds)!

So I was delighted to receive the Spring nail collection. Hues of blue, greys, lilac, pink and taupe all in muted shades. They have definitely hit the right degree of the colour spectrum, when it comes to on trend especially with the muted blues. Move over Chanel......


Unfortunately due to ill-health my nails are awful at the moment, but I wanted to swipe the brush on something that would give a truer colour after a couple of layers. Here from left to right (looking at the screen) is Eucalyptus, a light sage green; Periwinkle, an icy, ash toned blue and my favourite Bluebell, a cool, timeless, stone blue. 


Again from left to right (looking at the computer), Honeysuckle, a warm, pink shrimp; Sea Salt, a natural stone; and finally Hibiscus, a sophisticated mauve.

The end result is a high shine finish, that looks classy and covers all imperfections on the nails. The colours are super easy to wear, won't show mistakes, so you can be a little slap dash if you're in a rush. One layer gives just a fine veil of gloss, whilst a couple of layers give the full finish as in the photos. The shades suit all skin tones and as natural, light colours they will go with all outfits. Perfect for spring, and for just £3.99 each an absolute bargain!

You can check out the rest of the range here at www.barrym.com



No comments:

Post a Comment