Tuesday 8 March 2022

HD Brows Pro Pencil Bundle £25 Sample Review

 


I'm huge fan of HD Brows, having met many moons ago founder Karen Betts a few years after she started up the brand. I also have many friends who've been lucky enough to have their training direct from her (indeed, and if I can find the feature I wrote, I will put up on here later). I also have used many a makeup artist who've introduced me to the eyeshadow palettes, and for contouring they're probably the best on the market.  They still sell them as I've just checked on their website. 

Anyway I was sent the Pro Pencil Bundle to review, this contained the Pro Pencil in Black and the Pro Super Shaper. 


The set usually would set you back £30 but you save £5 for buying both together. Now before I review more, I will be honest - I am not a fan of permanent eyebrow make-up (note they stopped calling it semi-permanent many years ago, whereby it was discovered that some of the ink could still stay on the skin after a very long time). So permanent tattooing is just not for me, I think our eyebrows change shape and I've just yet to find someone who does a very natural stroke. So I'm always happy to test brow pencils, shadows as they do make such a difference to the face. The right shape can make your face shape change, not to mention knock years off. Having written about HD in the paper years ago, and reviewing the HD brow treatment, I still recommend it as the best place to get yours shaped.

The HD Pro Pencil is incredibly soft, in fact before I even attempted to sharpen (more on that later), I simply applied very lightly to one brow, a few simple strokes. I was amazed by the quality, especially as my brows usually are too light for 'black', noted the colour is buildable depending on how heavy you use the pencil.


This took less than a few seconds to apply, I also applied it before even sharpening the pencil! You can see it's an incredibly natural black and I would certainly recommend for all brow colours except maybe very fair - it does come in 4 colour ways Ash, Light Brown, Dark Brown and Black. Note reviews on the website say that the Black also suits most shades of hair. The pencil itself has small indentations so you can see just how much to sharpen off too. Which brings me to the sharpener itself.

I admit I had to email the PR and tell her 'I love the pencil it's amazing but I can't get to grips with the sharpener' however, I think my impatience got the better of me. Firstly the sharpener as you can see is on top of the lid. At first I was swiping horizontal (blame my broken ankle stupidity), but in fact you simply just sharpen it vertically into any shape you wish! This ensures you get a needle point or any angle you prefer. Emptying it took a while to get to grips with however, again I was doing it wrong (on this I won't be the first). Simply pull the base away from the lid, do not try and pull the lid away from the base!


Once I'd got to grips with the sharpener I could see why it's such a great idea. It can give the pencil a multitude of desired effects from microbladed to ombre look, whichever is your preference. I decided after to go for a swim and I'm happy to say it is also waterproof and sweat proof. It also lists on the website it contains 'vegan' friendly ingredients. 

As I said above, I'm a huge fan of HD and would invite you to check out their other products at www.hdbrows.com






No comments:

Post a Comment