Wednesday 12 January 2022

OJAR Wood Whisper Absolute Sample Review

 


I always find fragrances very difficult to review. Having spent most my adult life writing up reviews, giving tips on how to test perfumes etc, helping others choose the correct fragrance - it's very difficult as it's such a personal journey. To me fragrance is just that, it's part of a journey as it evokes memories and emotions. 

However, I do tend to stick to one brand, often a higher end such as Tom Ford as I find the fragrance can last longer however, I often become 'stale' in my choice and use the same fragrance notes. Today, I was proven just why we should review our fragrance, like our skincare. Today I was introduced to the brand OJAR, and I can honestly say, this is by far one of the top fragrances I have tested. 


OJAR (founded by Omani businesswoman Hind Bahwan), together with the Swiss company Givaudan (leading flavour and fragrance company in the world), created a vision of combining both Eastern and Western fragrance, resulting in 18 finished perfume oils. The oils are based around 6 core ingredients - Frankincense, Rose, Honey, Sandalwood, Oud and Musk. All the fragrances can be worn alone or layered to create a different experience each time. Not only are the oils unisex but they take out the guess work when buying as a gift, as you can base your choice around the wearers current scent they own. 

OJAR is not your standard 'perfume'. In fact OJAR comes from the word HOJARI, a frankincense resin of the highest quality founded in Oman's Dhofar mountains.  The fragrance is made without alcohol and it's an oil. It's made of the purest and finest oils, using a process that ensures the fragrance is long lasting on the skin. Decanted into an exquisite blue glass bottle, the roller ball application ensures precisely where the fragrance is applied. It is far better to have a small amount on warmer areas of the body, so that when reacted to the heat, your scent will continue to emit it's notes. As this comes in an oil formula it binds the fragrance even more so to the skin. Not only does it come in a rollerball application but you can unscrew the lid to reveal a glass dropper (I added some to my moisturiser for an all-over body scent), as well as putting a drop with some carrier oil to add to my bath. 



After writing this review, I tested the fragrance for it's longevity and it was still as strong 6 hours later - I also had a few compliments from my dog walking friend, my son (who loves a woody scent) and a school mum.

Whilst each bottle is £130 for 20ml, you only need a single drop for the scent to last all day, and whilst they don't advertise this as such, as mentioned above it can be used and added to other carriers to enhance the layering effect.  Available to purchase online at www.ojarofficial.uk  or  www.harrods.com



No comments:

Post a Comment