Thursday 27 January 2022

Naturtint Silver CC Cream Sample Review

 


I was super excited to try this product out, basically because I am a brunette loving blonde! My hair is naturally dark, actually it's naturally salt and pepper but my inner self is screaming to be a white blonde. My darling bestie in the last year has acquired a head full of silver grey - not the salt and pepper effect I have obtained, but beautiful shimmering white. It looks trendy, young and I am just a tad jealous. I did try to go back to my natural brunette but found I was reaching for the hair dye every few weeks - grey and dark just doesn't mix.  So the last few years I've been a mixture of blonde, caramel and that lovely shade of orange. 

I've tried every single method to get these white streaks, crushed vitamin C tablets, baking powder, a spectrum of blue shampoos and I've resigned to the fact it's just not going to happen. So when I was sent this product to test, that promises to neutralise and illuminate the hair, I wasn't expecting miracles, in fact I wasn't expecting it to work much at all.

I've taken before and after photos in the same light however, the before was taken as my hair naturally falls (wavy), and the after having shampooed and applied some product and blasted with a hair dryer. 



Now obviously there is some difference as I have brushed my hair through however, what is more than noticeable is that my hair colour has not only toned down, it's also blended in much better. It hasn't put through a heavy ash colour that many blue shampoos do, it's simply as it states on the bottle neutralised the darker caramel and blonde to merge them, making it look more natural, all without getting rid of the brighter highlights. I haven't used any other product, and usually before drying would have to use a serum or anti-frizz cream. The product has left my hair shimmering and incredibly soft.


 Ingredients include:-
  • Adansonia Digitata Seed Oil - known as Baobab seed oil, this seed is rich in fatty acids and anti-oxidants. It's nutrient rich, nourishing and helps prevent breakages and split ends. 
  • Oryza Sativa Extract - aka Rice Bran often used in hair products due to it's strengthening properties. Helps combat brittle hair and ideal if you often reach for the bleach or hair styling tongs!
It's incredibly easy to apply, simply just massage a small amount through hair after washing (I didn't even need to condition my usual straw), then proceed to style as usual (using heat will help the conditioner penetrate further). Don't be alarmed at the blue shade as this is the neutraliser, although I would advise putting a towel over your shoulders when you apply and washing hands straight after. I absolutely love the results and wish I had found this when we were in lockdown, as it helps bridge the gap between hairdresser appointments!

You can purchase the product for £9.99 200ml from their website here www.naturtint.co.uk 













No comments:

Post a Comment