Friday 21 January 2022

L'Occitane En Provence Ultra Rich Body Scrub £29 200ml Sample Review

 


I only received this sample today, and usually I work in order of samples received however, I'm feeling particularly low (grieving my dad today), and I need to feel nurtured. So whilst it would have taken a couple of weeks to write this up, it's jumped the queue as 'ticks all the boxes' when it comes to some inner child pampering.

L'Occitane Shea Butter range is my favourite scent, it's the one I always come back to, order repeatedly when there's deals online and as it can actually lift my mood. The scent itself is creamy, vanilla, shea, almost akin to baby powder and encompasses all the right ingredients to leave you feeling comforted.

This body scrub has the same scent as the Shea range and is a must have all year round. The scrub itself is moisturising but contains just the right amount of exfoliant to slough off dead skin cells, leaving skin feeling softly smooth. It's also a must-have if you are fake tanning or if you are feeling a little run-down like myself and just want to feel nurtured.


Some of the ingredients include:-
  • Butyrospermum Parkii Shea Butter - anti-inflammatory, healing and skin conditioning.
  • Prunus Amerniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil - helps maintain skins natural moisture balance, enriching and hydrating. 
  • Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil - high in vitamin E, a natural anti-oxidant, hydrating, skin healing and anti-inflammatory.
  • Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder - an excellent natural exfoliant, rich in vitamins, anti-aging. 
  • Allantoin - anti-irritant, helps with cell regeneration.
  • Tocopherol - skin-strengthening, helps support cellular function.

Walnut shells are often used in exfoliants however, the balance has to be right. Often if not milled down enough, they can be too abrasive. This formula combined with the creaminess of the Shea Butter gives a gentle yet effective form of exfoliation. I prefer to use just before turning the water on in the shower and paying particular attention to my knees and elbows, then massaging in with warm water. Here I've tested on my hand and they instantly looked and felt smoother. It's going straight onto my bathroom shelf now, to join the very last glug of my Shea Shower gel that I purchased myself for part of my Christmas present! 

I refuse to check out the rest of the range, simply as it takes all my willpower not to click on the other products - however, if you want to spoil yourself then have a look here at www.uk.loccitane.com

No comments:

Post a Comment