Tuesday 4 January 2022

Dry January with Heineken 0.0 Alcohol Free Sample Review

 


Dry January for me isn't that difficult, I only drink wine or spirits possibly 1 or 2 units a week, albeit this does depend on whether my son is losing at FIFA and I can hear the desk slamming. Joking aside I suffer from something called 'Asian Flush', which basically means that my body doesn't contain the enzyme to digest alcohol well. Nearly 50% of the Asian population suffer from this, and for me it stems from my late fathers DNA made up of mainly Chinese, Japanese and Burmese. The result is 1 unit and I am bright red in the face and I can get heart palpitations. So I am always on the lookout for a decent non-alcohol beverage that doesn't make me a cheap date. 

There are many reasons aside for 'Dry January' to just going along with the 'trend' to omit alcohol. Not only does it cause liver damage, dehydration and a huge host of side effects, but it is also expensive and pretty much January most of us are cutting back on the finances after Christmas. That saying we need something to drink be it at home watching Netflix or having friends over for a take-away, and sometimes a cuppa just doesn't cut it. 

I was lucky enough to be sent a case of 0.0% Heineken to test, well I say lucky it was my friends that were lucky to receive it, as I don't drink beer. I put it to the test of 4 friends NYE (at the stroke of 1 minute past midnight) - and here's the feedback. 

"The beer is refreshing and clean tasting".
"It must be served cold for the full effect so keep it in the fridge"
"It's up there with some of the best of the rest for the taste of beer without alcohol"
"It looks the same as any other beer and has the right amount of gas/froth".


The reason why there is not much difference in the alcohol version is that the beer is made using exactly the same ingredients as the alcoholic version, 5% ABV Heineken Original. For those watching their weight it's only 69 kcal per bottle/can 330ml. Not only is it available to buy on the shelf, but it is also soon to be a great addition to many British pubs, as this year 2022 will roll out in draught form. It's the first of it's kind to be included next to other draught beers and will feature in hundreds of pubs. This goes without saying that it will be incredibly popular, and will be a huge welcome for many drivers and those who have to take medication.  

Heineken 0.0% is available in 4 and 12 packs of 330ml bottles, and a 6 pack of 330ml cans in major supermarkets and convenience stores. RRP £3.50 (4 pack) Tesco. 



No comments:

Post a Comment