Thursday 21 April 2022

L'Occitane En Provence Eco Recharge Refill Sample Review

 


In 2019 L'Occitane introduced 'Green Day' the start of their bid to encourage customers to switch to refillable packaging, aptly named 'Eco-Refills'. The reason for this campaign was to reduce the amount of plastic used by 85%. This hugely successful initiative has meant that over 4300kg of plastic packaging has been stopped from clogging our landfills. It must also be mentioned that owing to this fruitful venture, working together with L'Occitane is TerraCycle who run the in-store recycling waste. 

The scheme is in partnership with Surfers Against Sewage whereby every year on 'Green Day Weekend', every 1 Eco-Refill sold -  £5 will be donated to Surfers Against Sewage, to help fund this charity with their marine conservation projects.  This year Green Weekend will be held on 26th-29th May 2022, whereby you can also bring in your old L'Occitane bottles to be recycled and replaced with eco alternatives.  To help make this easier, you can also purchase a 'Forever Bottle', made of aluminium, a bottle that can be used and refilled continuously. 



There are over 27 product lines to choose from and I was lucky enough to be asked if I wanted to sample one for review. I asked if I could kindly be sent my all-time favourite the Shea Hands & Body Ultra Rich Wash 500ml.


If you have never had the joy of using this wonderful wash, let me begin by asking you to imagine the scent of nurture, comfort, haven, security, softness, cuddles and snuggles, puppies and babies all captured in to one bottle. It is by far the most pampering fragrance I have ever smelt. The ultra rich wash is a milky consistency that contains 5% pure Shea, an ingredient that leaves the driest of skins moisturised and feeling baby soft. The other key ingredient is Sunflower Seed Oil, known for being rich in vitamin E and often used in skin care for it's anti-inflammatory properties. High in omega 6, this oil also helps to give skin back it's elasticity, resulting in a firmer more smoother refined texture. 


The creamy body wash lathers into a frothy, light foam that leaves skin feeling delicately scented and incredibly soft. I used on my hands and didn't even need to use hand-cream (something that I always usually put on due to my parched skin). 

It's one of my favourite all time tested products, one that I have used for over 20 years and raved about it in the press. I am so pleased they have included this in their re-fill initiative, and with many loyal fans to this wash - it's a wise decision! Check out the rest of the range here at www.uk.loccitane.com



No comments:

Post a Comment