Thursday 21 April 2022

IT Cosmetics Superhero No Tug Shadow Stick Sample Review £21



If there's one thing I've learnt when it comes to make-up application as I get older, that one thing is that 'less is more'. Once upon a time, I would spend a good deal of time prepping, blending, sculpting my make-up however, I simply don't have the time being a busy single mum of two. Also as I reach that landmark age of 50 this year, I also reach the conclusion that I have many fine lines that are simply enhanced by too much powder.  Thankfully there are products out there that are targeted for my dilemmas, and so I welcomed the testing of IT Cosmetics Superhero No Tug Shadow Sticks. 


At first glance I thought these would be your ordinary 'run of the mill' shadow cream eyeshadow sticks however, they're actually an anti-aging eye treatment combined with colour. Formulated with ingredients such as:-
  • Caffiene - helps reduce puffiness and can strengthen the delicate skin around the eye area. 
  • Hydrolyzed Collagen - helps reduce the look of fine lines and is firming. 
  • Tri Peptides - helps stimulate cell growth, in turn producing firmer skin and prevent eye sagging. 
  • Behenic Acid - a fatty acid that helps smooth the eye area and improve hydration. 

I tested the shades in Silk Amor and Epic Amethyst. 

Silk Amor is a beautiful, oyster shade that suits not only as a highlighter on top of the lids, but also under the brow bone to give the appearance of lifting the eye area. You can also use it on the inner corner of the eye, to make eyes look wide awake, or even on top of the cupids bow or centre of the lips to make lips appear fuller. This universal colour suits every skin tone. 


Epic Amethyst is an iridescent purple that shimmers and looks almost two-tone when it catches the light. Violet shades look stunning on brown, green, hazel eyes to make them 'pop', and this looks amazing used simply on its own washed across the lids.


Both shades need no buffing in with a brush, I simply applied directly from the stick onto my lid and just gave a gently smudge. This gave a light veil of colour ideal for daytime use. Alternatively, you can build up the colour for a more pigmented look for evening. I love the fact that not only were they easy to apply, but they literally do not budge (maybe due to the inbuilt primer) - as I found out on the school run when my son asked me to take my one purple eyelid off!

The colours do not crease and are long-lasting, ideal for those who have oily or dry lids. It took makeup remover to get mine off and lasted throughout my swim session so definitely waterproof!

I've been sent a few of these products to test recently and so far I'm really impressed by the quality - you can check out the range and even try the colours on with the live camera feature (although only some shades are working at the moment for this feature), here at www.itcosmetics.co.uk







No comments:

Post a Comment