Tuesday 26 April 2022

Schwarzkopf Live Colour Drops Ice Silver Sample Review RRP £7.49

 

A few weeks ago I was picking up a prescription in Boots, and whilst waiting was glancing at the 'temporary colour' aisle. I'm on a forever ending quest of finding something that will banish my tarnished, golden locks into ashy tones. My natural colour is mid brown however, as I have approached my 50s (this June I turn that golden age), my roots are salt and pepper grey. I can't stay brown as the upkeep is too much, and hence I lighten my hair to blend in with the grey. As I'm naturally brown that ashy toned blonde doesn't come easily - well not until now.

So I was dithering whether to buy these, when by off-chance my lovely PR pinged her latest launch into my email, and by coincidence it was the exact product I had been looking at. So excited to receive these, instead of writing up a blog, I made a very poor Instagram reel (I say poor, as my eldest has her A level in Social Media and, I apparently should also go on a course). That saying, with over 500 views in less than 1/2 an hour, it appears I'm not the only one on a quest to get the perfect ash toned blonde!

So I thought I would take some photos and also ping a quick blog on this wonderful new product, so you can see for yourself just how much of a difference they make! 


Ice Silver is a colour designed for anyone with blonde hair, or even multi tonal brown hair that has orange, yellow and golden undertones, that want to put a bit of ash into their colour. Or for those with very light blonde hair (lucky you), to go that wonderful metallic silver shade.


Application couldn't be easier, simply shampoo your hair, rinse out excess water,  add a few drops of the colour to any conditioner and apply to your hair. Leave for up to 5 minutes then rinse away. The longer you leave the colour on - the more intense the result, and the same with the more drops you use - the more intense the shade.


You can mix with any conditioner, and whilst you should wear gloves (provided), I was a bit slap dash and just put it on with my bare hands, whilst I was in the shower. (The colour is intense so did stain my nails a little). A quick body exfoliation, shave of the legs, body wash and after 2 minutes I just showered off.  Quick, easy and no 'flaffing' about!

Anyway so here is a before photo, note I took both photos in exactly the same light, same place etc and as always absolutely no filters!


My hair is already quite highlighted but I have that definite caramel undertone which, can sometimes look very brassy.  Below are the after photos.


I am thrilled with the results, the drops are far better than my Fanola no Yellow Shampoo and my Olaplex No Yellow Shampoo. This is the result after just under 2 minutes on my hair! It's brightened my highlights and as you can tell has got rid of all that dullness. These drops will definitely be staying next to my conditioner on my bath! You can check out my Instagram reel under 'Askmollybeauty and to purchase online - here at www.superdrug.com










No comments:

Post a Comment