Monday 20 September 2021

ROC Revive & Glow Skincare Review

 


Within my 24 years of experience writing about beauty and lifestyle, there have been many lessons I have been taught by top skincare experts. One whom I have known for around 45 years (since I was 4) and pioneered the way for non invasive procedures here in the UK, once told me that 'Molly if you ever are to choose a skincare product, one of the most important ingredients is vitamin C (alongside A&E)'. He went on to become one of the most successful dermatologists in the world, and so his advice has always stayed with me.  I have tested many products over the years and vitamin C is the one active ingredient that is so beneficial to many skin types and conditions. It's a very powerful antioxidant and protects the skin from pollutants, smoke, fumes etc. It helps minimise skin pigment such as brown spots that have been caused by too much sun exposure. It brightens the complexion and helps lift sallow and dull skin. It also protects from the suns UV rays which, as most know is one of the biggest causes of skin ageing. 

So I was rather delighted when ROC sent me their Revive and Glow range, based around their own vitamin C formula, and to look further at the key ingredients in the products. Often skin ingredients worth together and so it's good to know a little behind each product and what it contains.


First to test was the Gel Cleanser £13.49 for 177ml.  Now as I have dry skin I tend to veer towards cream cleansers or oil cleansers, but often they don't actually make my skin feel clean or refreshed. This Gel Cleanser massaged onto my immediately cooling and with a little water emulsified into a light refreshing lather. It didn't leave my skin feeling tight and I would definitely recommend it for all skin types, especially combination. Not only does it contain vitamin C but it also has Glycolic Acid an ingredient that helps lightly exfoliate dead skin cells and gives the complexion clarity. 


After I had cleansed and washed my face, I pressed a couple of drops of their Daily Serum into the palms of my hands and lightly pressed into my skin, concentrating on my forehead and cheeks (where I tend to need most of my active ingredients to go)!  Now I do like to spend my pennies on a decent serum, especially as serums usually provide the most active of the skincare ingredients out of a product range. This serum £35.99 for 35ml will last a good couple of months. It has 10% vitamin C and is concentrated enough to make a difference. It also contains Polygonum Aviculare Extract, an ingredient used in skincare to protect the skin from UV damage, and Terminalia Ferdinandiana Fruit Extract known for calming swelling and skin irritation so ideal for those who suffer with sensitive flare ups. The product sunk into my skin and didn't leave any sticky residue. I like the bottle dropper, I like the frosted container as yes, how a product is transported does make a difference in how the product reaches your skin! Active ingredients can go off if not packaged correctly!


Finally I finished with a light pressing of their Gel Cream £35.99 50ml. A deliciously, whipped, light recipe that left my face feeling incredibly refreshed. Often we need to review our skincare, especially as the weather changes and with hormonal imbalances. Our skin is ever changing and responds to stress, illness etc and so whilst mine is usually dry, at the moment due to illness it has been very dull and sallow. This beautiful gel sinks in without leaving any greasy residue, that sadly my normal moisturiser seems to be doing at the moment. Your skin will feel moisturised all day and like the other products it's 'multi correction' so a formula that aids in treating all types of skin health. It has so many fruit extracts, known for brightening the skin such as Watermelon (excellent for protecting skin against UV damage), Apple (anti-aging and smoothing), and one that I've not heard of  and that is Lens Esculenta Lentil Extract (it's a skin conditioning extract). 

My conclusion of reviewing these samples, is this is a great line that has a good quality of powerful ingredients. I could write another page on all the active ingredients but of course, you can always comment below for more info. Or alternatively I would suggest you look at their amazing reviews on the new line at www.rocskincare.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment