Friday 17 September 2021

MYM Make Up Your Mind Prime

 

Make Up Your Mind aka MKM products is the brainchild of Victoria Adams founded in 2019, after her daughter suffered from poor mental health. A year after her company was born, Gemma Blake joined in the venture to bring in her experience of creativity and design. Today the products are successfully sold online and offer the consumer something unique amongst other skincare brands. 

The USP is focussed on a simple idea and one that works. Mixing your chosen well-being 'elixir' with a primer creates a unique sensory journey that can help 'Elevate, Align, Calm or Energise' your mood. The primer itself is a mattifying primer, used before moisturiser or alone. Simply choose your elixir and add a few drops to the primer, before inhaling and gently patting over your face. There's quite a bit of science that has gone into choosing the fragrance - see chart below.


I was lucky enough to be sent a sample of the Calm elixir with an assortment of Hand Shields and of course the Primer. Having myself suffered a mental break down in 2014, I'm a huge believer in taking time out, being in the moment and the power of scent. Every day when I walk my dog I will take time out to smell the earth, the flowers and breathe in the fresh air. It sets me up for the day, and so I was fascinated to see whether the products would work. After mixing in a drop of Calm with the Primer, I warmed between the palms of my hands (not sure if this is the correct way, but it's how I usually apply my products). The scent was subtle, comforting and felt rather cocooning so it did have the desired effect. I have to admit after smelling the Hand Shield in Energise this was my absolute favourite as it smelled like fresh grass!

The products came beautifully presented and make a wonderful gift for anyone. My only gripe is that I can't see if you can smell the fragrance before purchasing, although you can look at the list of ingredients and make your choice from that. 

I would invite you to have a look at their products and recommend that you purchase and certainly bear in mind for Christmas presents. If anything a donation of their sales supports mental wellbeing charities and having suffered first hand, as well as my children also having suffered I'm a huge advocate of mental health. You can check out their website here at mymproducts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment