Saturday 18 September 2021

Creature of Habit Gentle Daily Cleansing Balm and Anywhere Everywhere Balm


This month I've been focussing on cleansing and well-being products. I'm a huge advocate of cleansers simply as I love the ritual of cleansing and giving myself that few minutes time out. I prefer a cleanser that can be used with a cloth as it saves on time and gives a light exfoliation. My mother looks 15 years younger and has always used a flannel - I am following suit and by simply pressing a warm flannel to my face, breathing a few deep breaths, I find it instantly reduces stress. 

This beautiful Gentle Daily Cleansing Balm comes in an oil formula with a small wooden spatula. It also comes presented with a bamboo cloth, to ensure you not only spend a couple of minutes warming up your sinuses but that it gives a natural exfoliation, whilst wiping away every last bit of grime including waterproof makeup. I loved the consistency of the oil and it massaged in well, just a few drops of water turned it into a milky consistency that left my skin wonderfully clean. It's expensive at  £34 for 45ml but you only need a tiny amount. Key ingredients include Safflower Oil, known for having plentiful of vitamin E, an important vitamin for protecting against harmful effects of sunlight. The balm also contains Bisabolal, an ingredient that helps fight skin inflammation. 

You can see below the consistency of oil to milk. 
I also tested the  Anywhere Everywhere Balm - now this has come in incredibly useful to me, as at present am suffering from ill-health. I'm currently taking strong antibiotics and very strong steroids, you can only imagine that my lips are parched, my nails are brittle and so I'm happily testing these kind of 'go anywhere balms'. Easy to slip into the smallest of purses - or in my case the little compartment where my handbrake is in my car. It's £22 for 30ml and I think well worth the money. It will last ages as it's so nourishing. The balm is packed full of nourishing ingredients such as Shea Butter, Rosehip Seed Oil and Calendula. Rosehip is one of my favourite ingredients in skin products, not only does it help with inflammation, but it helps reduce sunspots, is moisturising, helps brighten the skin and can boost collagen formation.  I used it not only on my lips and nails, but also my elbows and even to tame the dry ends of my hair! 

The company pride themselves on sustainability and thus all of the packaging is reusable and recyclable. The products make wonderful gifts - I must point out that as I didn't notice much scent (however, I do have a sinus infection), that they make great gifts for both men and women, and all skin types. Please do check out their website - they're just a small company but with a huge passion. You can visit them here creatureofhabitskincare








No comments:

Post a Comment