Monday 28 June 2021

The Body Shop Fresh Raspberry Gel Body Scrub & Whipped Body Butter

 

My son just came downstairs and asked me if he could have some of the raspberries I was using for this photo shoot. Of course I said yes, as it made a change from Skittles but I had to draw the line of him having a spoonful of the Whipped Body Butter! - Yes it smells that good, that my 12 year old thought it was a yoghurt (probably as I was arranging fresh raspberries around it), that's the hazard of photographing smellies! 

Anyway The Body Shop kindly sent me some of their summer collection and their Fresh Raspberry Collection caught my sense of smell! It's absolutely scrumptious and without being sickly sweet, simply captures the essence of a punnet of raspberries.  The Whipped Body Cream is, as my son thought an edible concoction of avocado oil, shea butter and raspberry seed oil. Slightly lighter than the original Body Butters, it sinks easily into the skin and leaves skin hydrated for up to 72 hours. I did find upon application that it had a slightly bitter top note however, this soon went and left my skin smelling lightly fragranced of berries.  

The Gel Body Scrub is almost coulis in texture and again smells like a rich, raspberry jam. Best applied in the shower before you turn the water on, the exfoliating walnut shell and raspberry seeds lightly sloughs away dry skin and leaves it feeling soft, and of course smelling utterly delicious. My only warning is, do not leave around the kitchen if you have young children! 

The Whipped Cream is priced at £18 and the Gel Body Scrub is £16. Available from www.bodyshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment