Monday 21 June 2021

Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm


For many years I wrote for the paper as a Beauty and Lifestyle Editor, testing hundreds of products monthly. Since going freelance and working on other projects, my time is limited. However, this means that I can write up on the brands I love and Elemis has long been my favourite brand. Whatever skincare journey I'm on I always come back to Elemis. My favourite product is by far the Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm.

Thankfully, I have a good relationship with Elemis going back many years, and so I was lucky enough to be sent the cleansing balm as a sample. The balm is a treat for me, in fact I purchased the Rose version for myself at Christmas. It was my Christmas gift to myself for being a very busy single mum. 

Why do I love this product so much? Quite simply it's a ritual, the cleansing stage instantly sets me up for the day. As soon as I open the pot, warm the buttery textured balm into the palms of my hands, I take a few deep breaths and massage it into my dry, parched skin.  It's often dehydrated from menopausal hot sweats and the balm just soaks into my skin.  Next, I take the muslin cloth provided and run it under hot water, I let the cloth air for a few seconds before pressing it into my face and simply breathe in the aroma of Rose and Mimosa. After dissolving, my face is always left feeling clean, supple and like I've had the best hours facial. 


You can also use it as a mask by simply leaving on for 10 minutes. Sometimes I also apply a facial scrub, mixed into the balm (a tip I learnt from a therapist). 

The ingredients read like an English summer garden, Elderberry, Starflower, Rose, Mimosa and have anti-aging algae and Padina Pavonica a brown algae found in the Indian Ocean. Algae is commonly used in skincare to help with hydrating and revitalising the skin. It also helps with fine lines and wrinkles and, most importantly, a little goes a long way!

The RRP for the cleansing balm is £44 for 100g (Elemis often have special offers).  You can purchase at www.uk.elemis.com











No comments:

Post a Comment