Tuesday 8 June 2021

Dove Pro Age Range for Mature Skin

 


Sent to me as samples for review - I was interested in testing this as, being in the thick of it - literally, I'm in menopause and those bugger hormones are playing havoc with my skin. Dry, itchy and very dehydrated from those lovely hot nightly sweats.

The Dove Pro Age range is aimed for 'mature' skin. The type of skin that is more lined, drier, sensitive and not so nicely put aging. It happens to all of us. 

I am not one for gimmicky products, for me it’s about results. I also am not one for spending a fortune when I don't have to. These products fall into that category of does the job, smells divine and leaves my skin feeling very hydrated and soft.  

Whilst before the age of 49 I would have bypassed hand cream, I am now finding myself using it daily. Especially as my hands are constantly being sanitised before every shop visit. I can always tell a ‘Botoxed' face and am usually proved right as one can tell an age by looking at their hands. This hand cream is a delight. It's not greasy (my pet hate) and it also leaves a slight iridescence due to the oils. It helps with the appearance of age spots and only costs £3.99


Next up is the Body Butter, a luscious thick butter that is ideal for very dry skin. It's suitable for very parched, dry areas such as elbows, feet (fully recommend after a long dog walk) and is incredibly nourishing. I slathered some on before bed, put some little trainer socks on and the next day my feet were baby soft.  They also do a Body Lotion which is lighter -  I prefer this for all over the body after the shower. Both are £6.29


Finally the Pro Age Body Wash £4.99 - ideal for sensitive skin as it's Sulfate free and like all the products dermatologically tested too. It's creamy and leaves skin so soft that you can, if rushed for time skip the moisturiser. Dove's spin is that it protects your microbiome (the skins protective living layer), so leaves the skin it's nutrients to protect itself. Regardless of the blurb (it confuses me and I've had years of writing beauty...), it's so good my daughter has nicked it and I haven't a hope in hell of reclaiming it (even if she isn't mature). 

Now I haven't mentioned much about the fragrance. This is what sells products to me, most of the time (that and they cosmetically work obviously).  The fragrance is a cocooning scent of vanilla. Some people may find this sickly, but I like that indulgent smell - it's buttery, sweet and soft. 

You can buy these products from Superdrug

No comments:

Post a Comment