Monday 28 June 2021

L'ABU SKIN

 


I'd not heard of this brand before but I liked its USP, which is 'Pure and Simple'. Quite often our biggest dilemma in skincare is not our skin type, but by the overwhelming amount of products there are on the market. Constantly we are bombarded with new products for different skin types, skin problems and it's just all too much to take in. L'abu ethos is about the basic 3 steps in skincare that are 'cleanse, target and hydrate'. It's a simple approach yet using top quality ingredients, and born out of love from Netta and Hayley, mother and daughter! They not only have a love for their products but they also have a lot of love for our NHS and last year donated £4000 worth of skincare to frontline workers. 

I was sent the Oat Milk Cleanser £15 to test and Collagen Boosting Moisturiser £20.  Oats have been used in skincare for centuries due to the skin softening effects they produce.  This rich, creamy cleanser infused with Frangipani was a delight to use. Warmed into the palms of my hands and massaged into my face, once removed with a warm cloth, effectively and quickly got rid of my water resistant mascara and left my face feeling nourished. Often cleansers can feel stripping and leave the skin tight, but this just left my skin feeling supple.  There's a cocktail of ingredients that promotes softening skin such as rice bran, apricot kernel oil and poppy seed oil. There's Green Tea Extract, a known ingredient in skincare to help with breakouts and problematic skin.  The oat extracts help nourish the skin and remove make-up and debris from pores. Whilst you can double-cleanse I personally didn't feel the need to as my skin was left so hydrated. 

I was also sent the Collagen Boosting Moisturiser £20 and at the age of 49 something my skin needs. If it says anti-ageing I need to test it! A top skin scientist once told me that the most important vitamins in skincare are vitamins ACE as they have the most profound effect on the skin.  This moisturiser contains these essential vitamins, and in turn helps promote cell renewal and prevent fine lines.  Kernel oil helps improve skin tone and keeps moisture locked in, whilst coconut oil is a natural anti-inflammatory and ideal for breakouts.  Tocopherol or Vitamin E as is commonly known, is used in skincare as an anti-oxidant and can help with pigmentation, especially when combined with the other vitamins. Vitamin A is an amazing addition to any skincare as minimises the appearance of enlarged pores and can help with the appearance of wrinkles, as well as improving uneven skin tone. 

The reason why I like to feature these kinds of brands on my blogs, the un-known ones without all the huge advertising etc, is that it's personable to the founders and so their passion is high, and this reflects in their products. I've been a Beauty and Lifestyle Editor for many years, and I always get more joy writing about the brands that have a story, something that is slightly different. I also like to look at other reviews as obviously my perception is well just that, my opinion.  If you look at the website you'll see various reviews from people with different skin types and it's evident the products are well loved! 

For more information you can see the products at www.labuskin.com

No comments:

Post a Comment