Monday 24 April 2023

TRESemmé Beauty-full STRENGTH Sample Review



I first used this brand about around 25 years ago - I'm trying to rack my brains where, I think it was my local salon in Brentwood, but I do remember using them.  The brand has been established for 76 years (it originated in the US 1947). A testimony to the brand is that it's stood the test of time, fighting of major competitors and is still going strong in the hair industry today.

Anyway I haven't used it in a very long time, and so was intrigued to see how it fared to the more expensive shampoos.  The ingredients listed are ones that I would often shy away from such as Sodium Laureth Sulfate however, this range does include the 'TRESemmé PRO Styole Tech, with added amino acids and ceramide'.


Ingredients include:-
  • Citric Acid - which helps improve scalp condition and encourages healthy hair growth. It also helps to alter a shampoos PH level which in turn makes the product 'gentler' for the hair.
  • Gluconolactone - a natural food additive, that when used in hair acts as a humectant to help keep hair looking glossy and feeling smooth.
  • Trehalose -  again this ingredient helps keep hair moisturised and also acts as a protectant from environmental aggressors such as UV rays, heat damage from appliances.
Now if, like me, you are a sucker for a fragrance that gives you the 'just stepped out of a salon' whiff, then this is for you. It really does have that fresh salon fragrance, the kind that you want to swish your hair and breathe in, I guess not too dissimilar to fresh laundry.  So upon opening it was actually a pleasure to use in the shower. 

Now for the before photos. My hair here, hasn't been washed for 2 days and so is rather gunky (especially as I have been testing 'sea salt' sprays)!


As you can see above, my hair whilst looking fuller is actually full of product, dry and the texture had gotten rather straw like. Below is after just one shampoo and condition with the TRESemmé Shampoo and Conditioner, followed by the Grow Long Serum.



The shine is absolutely astounding, and whilst it may not look as full, this is because I have simply left it to dry naturally and added no product other than the Serum. The Serum itself is a fine consistency and you only need a few drops for that full on shine.


The whole range UPS is that it gives 'up to 99% less hair on your brush'. I didn't notice any breakages (something that I often do with my over-bleached hair), and certainly didn't notice any more hair on the floor, once I'd combed through. Overall I was incredibly impressed with the shine, value and the end result. Again here's a photo so you can see that shine!

 

The Shampoo, Conditioner and Serum retail at just £6 each, fantastic value considering the size of the 680ml Shampoo/Conditioner bottles. You can purchase them from Boots Here











No comments:

Post a Comment