Thursday 6 April 2023

St Tropez Luxe Body Serum RRP £35 200ml

 


Very rarely do I make Instagram reels as quite frankly I'm pretty useless at them. However, having tested this product recently I felt compelled to do one (much to the embarrassment of my eldest who is a whizz at social media). Simply as I loved the product!


I'll be honest, whilst in my 30s and early 40's I was a lover of fake tan, as I've passed 50 I really don't have the time and prefer my skin to be it's natural self. My daughter often takes my samples and I use her as my model for testing. However, I was intrigued by this product as, and what I would expect from the pioneers of the tanning industry, St Tropez have launched this Luxe Body Serum.

The USP is that it's a body serum infused with a unique 'Collagen-Enhancing Complex' so actually treats your skin with active ingredients to give a natural glow and smoother complexion. Some of these active ingredients include:-
  • Panthenol - hydrating and helps to make skin feel and look more supple.
  • Sodium Hyaluronate - scientifically proven in skincare use to hold water to the skin, so skin looks more plump and smoother.
  • Niacinamide - aka vitamin B3 helps give the skin radiance, whilst at the same time diminishing the look of large pores. 
The product contains 90% naturally derived ingredients and 100% natural tanning active in turn making this a tanner suitable for the most sensitive of skin types. The fragrance holds light, floral scent notes of magnolia, jasmine and soft base notes of musk and sandalwood.


Application with the mitt was an absolute doddle. As always it's best to prep the skin by way of exfoliation and moisturising dry patches. However, short on time I simply applied to the mitt and massaged into my bare skin. There is no greasy residue, it glided on seamlessly and I could get dressed immediately after, and whilst I was worried that I may end up with 'dark patches', this was just not the case, it literally spread across my skin in a few easy sweeps of the mitt.


You can see from the before and after that my face has just a natural light glow to it. I look 'well and like I've spent a few days away'.  For me this is perfect as I detest the deep fake tan look (living in the heart of Essex is why). What also impressed me was how it didn't leave any obvious tan marks. My hands for example, just had a light colour without any colour clinging to the knuckles (and no I didn't even moisturise them)!

I also like how it didn't smell in the least offensive, rather a delicate scent of a floral.  I got dressed straight away and it didn't leave any marks on my white bed sheets, when I slept on it overnight. 

Thank you St Tropez - it's a 10/10 for me, I actually can't think of any negatives! I'm firmly keeping this one in my bathroom away from my daughter!  You can check out the five star reviews and purchase here at Look FantasticASOSAmazonBootsSuperdrug







No comments:

Post a Comment