Sunday 22 September 2013

The new must have make up brand!

If you look at my previous blogs I very rarely write about one particular brand on each blog, I usually devote about 10 brands per feature for paper and radio. However, after receiving these goodies through the post I just wanted to share with you my enthusiasm for this new make up range which not only is incredibly cheap for the quality but rivals, in my eyes (especially their lipglosses) the high end products usually sold in Space NK or Selfridges......these goodies believe it or not can be picked up with a pint of milk and some eggs! Yes Sainsbury's have brought out their own range and called it Boutique.

The packaging is simple, chic and sleek - kept to a minimum as money seemingly has been spent on the products themselves.



Lets start with the lipgloss - super shiny colours but my favourite is without a doubt the patent, plastic red - I have simply not tested one so shiny and I've tested hundreds over the years. The other colours you see are all bang on trend for Autumn/Winter 2013.



Next I tested the eyeshadows - the bronze I loved, super easy to blend, shimmering without losing its colour - so highly pigmented. The pearl silver I loved too, again for the same reasons as the bronze. I was slightly disappointed with the more glittery silver as with most glitters it left the residue of shimmer but the colour kind of disappeared - however, this placed on top of the charcoal is great for a night out.



Very impressed with the nail colour - usually I expect a chip a day or so later (I'm typing this up 2 days later), and not one single chip, great for someone like me as I don't like to use Shellac all the time as I pick the gel off (very damaging for nails, but I don't have time to get it removed!)



There you have it, most products available from September in Sainsburys so you should see filtering through now - although they state mainly larger branches - I haven't seen it in my superstore yet! Let me know what you think of it too, I was so impressed which is why I have taken the trouble to rave about it - I work freelance and don't get paid for my views - so I can tell the truth!

Prices start from just £4 eyeshadows, nail polish £5, lipgloss £6 and I didn't test the lipsticks at £7.

Jo Saville is the Boutique Make-up Ambassador and she states "Boutique was created for the everyday woman, but as a result of testing the products we found industry insiders were choosing to include theproducts in their make-up kit because of their fantastic quality."

No comments:

Post a Comment