Wednesday 24 April 2013

Total Bliss Sara - Heavenly Tiers, Sweet Dream Bars, Balloon Boutique - a perfect hen party!

When I reminisce of my hen party many years ago I look back with a huge smile in my heart and a slight frown on my forehead.  I had 2 parties, one a civil weekend away at a health farm - I say civil but choose to ignore the drunken game of Twister and conversations with a certain celeb in the Jacuzzi, which I’m sure turned my Nanna in her grave, and the other a true Essex send-off – 17 nuns descending upon Sams nightclub in Brentwood, firemen stripping, various toys appearing and this time round I’m sure Nanna was doing full U-turns! Wind on 12 years and I’m ready for another one – I blame my life beginning at 40. However, I have children, I write publicly plus there is the small fact of actually not getting married, but what the heck I don’t need a reason so I invited my friends Sue, Jackie and Caroline over for a girlie pamper party.

After googling several salons I decided upon Total Bliss Sara – I think it was the name that caught my eye, I need a bit of total bliss. Sara has been a beauty therapist for many years and whilst working from Donna Milton’s salon Ovels Hair Design in Blackmore a couple of days a week, her main speciality is running pamper parties (she travels all over Essex).  Catering for all ages and all types of events from princess pamper parties, teen slumber nights, hen parties to mums simply wanting a night in with their friends, she also caters for all budgets - give her a price and she will tailor make your night to suit your pocket!  Her website shows the huge variety of treatments available from manicures, pedicures, waxing, spray tan, makeup, facials, the list is endless.  For a great alternative to coffee mornings she also runs a ‘Pop-up Spa Day’ whereby Sara sets up her salon in your house, then it’s down to the host to provide nibbles, drinks and a schedule for friends to have treatments. Not only does this provide a great social event (also handy if for whatever reason you’re housebound), but the host gets a fabulous freebie facial! If you’re short on space Sara will hold your pamper party from the salon in Blackmore, only the best in organic skincare is used – Neals Yard Remedies, and finally she even provides the refreshments and props to make your party a night to remember!

Excitement took hold, so I also called upon Hannah of Heavenly Tiers who make the most amazing cupcakes (Hannah’s cupcakes are famous amongst celebrity parties) and loving my pick n mix, I pulled in Deanne of Essex Candy Cart to spoil us with Wonka inspired treats (I’d seen her featured on TV!). Sara arrived on the night with another therapist Karla Lee, both were laden down with amazing personalised balloons, foot spas, robes and head bands. We started off with a relaxing foot soak, nails were prepped, primed and treated to Shellac, whilst lavish essential oil face masks were applied enveloping my house with essences of Bergamot, Mandarin and  Frankincense.   A group of girls with a cupful of sugar inside them and a few glasses of wine was of course a recipe for no-hold barred raucous chat and I should probably apologise now to the photographer and of course my Nanna.  I would 100% recommend hiring Sara for a day or night pamper party, for the price of a meal we had one of the best nights ever and even got given a goody bag! Thank you Sara and the rest of the girls for a fantastic evening.

Lucky for Essex Go readers I’ve got some great offers.  Total Bliss Sara is offering 10% off all treatments and pamper parties (minimum number of guests for a pamper party is 4). For bookings call 07738563688 or visit her website www.total-bliss.co.uk. Ovel Hair Design is offering 10% off all hair treatments tel: 01277 822117. Hannah of Heavenly Tiers is offering a generous 15% off any cake order over £50 tel: 07885 424243.  Deanne of Sweet Dream Bars  caters for all events from small intimate parties to large events tel: 07877 463053 – any booking over the value of £20 will receive 10% discount and finally Balloon Boutique tel:01277 200083 are offering a 10% discount on all orders over £20.

For all the offers above please quote AskMolly at time of booking.  Offers are valid until 30th June 2013 and not to be used in conjunction with any other offer/promotion nor on any salon products.

If you have a beauty/hair business you would like featured please contact Molly via email molly@askmollybeauty.com or Twitter @askmollybeauty.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment