Wednesday 10 April 2013

Gym Bag Essentials

One thing my friends could tell you about me is that I’m a total ‘shopaholic’ and if such a word ‘gymaholic’, in fact I get withdrawal symptoms if I haven’t been shopping or to the gym for a couple of days. Combine the two together makes a lethal combination in that I have to change my gym bag at least once a year as nothing can beat the excitement of discarding loose painkillers, manky hair bobbles, bottle lids, gum wrappers and erm odd socks. So off I went in search for the perfect gym bag and some new goodies to fill it with.

My first stop was the internet (its half term and the kids hate shopping), so after typing into Google ‘cheap pink gym bag’ I was delighted to find www.exxrtsportswear.co.uk. whereby this gorgeous, St Moritz holdall by Head landed right into my shopping bag (tel: 01787 475967 £22.75).  Next was my purchase of Yurbuds from Runactive (01702 716234), ergonomically designed headphones which fit inside the freakiest of small ears (mine) at £60 they are expensive but were budge proof and passed the skipping test.

Now my favourite part, after dropping the kids at nana’s for the day it was down to some serious beauty therapy.  There are so many products out there and whilst I don’t want to weigh my bag down the thought of decanting into smaller bottles just ruins the fun – I want to see the packaging! So into my bag went Espa Cleansing Gel (www.espaonline.com £18) suitable for men and women this aromatic facial wash deep cleanses both face and body leaving skin feeling soft and refreshed!  I also added the incredibly calming Affinity Bay Cleansing Shower Gel with extracts of lavender and acacia honey (www.affinitybay.com £8) and to leave my skin buttery soft added some deliciously scented Boutique by Grace Cole Body Butter (available Fenwick £6), with extracts of verbena, honey and green tea I left both myself and the changing rooms smelling like a spa.

Estee Lauder’s Take it Away Towelettes (available Estee Lauder counters nationwide £20) are vital as they’re quick, easy and remove all traces of makeup before you hit the gym – streaky mascara is a no-no! Also fed up with white marks on my gym top and needing a performance deodorant to outlast a 5k run I added Estee Lauder’s Deo (£14) a roll-on which ticks all the boxes.

When a hair product promises to grow your hair 99% quicker than its usual growth rate and is the top-selling shampoo/conditioner in Canada, it’s in my basket quicker than you can say Rapunzel. I’ve only been testing FAST (£24.99 Boots) for a few days and whilst it does take a month for results it smells amazing and my hair looks thicker and shinier. My gym has a steam room so I always add some Philip Kingsley Elasticizer (from £15 www.philipkingsley.com), to my locks to give them a huge pre-boost before shampooing off, this is a must especially if I’ve been swimming as the chlorine wrecks my hair and this treatment is a cult rescue hair remedy!

Then there are my necessities which I replace regularly. To keep my trainers and feet smelling fresh I use Mavala Talcum Powder (£9 tel: 01732 459 412), not only does it absorb moisture but also targets unpleasant odours caused by skanky gym floors. Elemis Instant Refreshing Gel (£29.50 Ace 01277 201200) is a Godsend for my arthritic joints, the gel acts as a muscle reviving treatment due to cooling Camphor, Arnica and Menthol and men love it too after a heavy weights session. I also carry Denteks (£4.99 Boots) minted, floss picks in my gym and hand bag as too many times I’ve been caught out with a flapjack seed in my gappy teeth! Disney Lip Smacker (£2.50 Primark) keep my lips flake free and smelling yummy especially when dehydration sets in after a long workout session! Finally every gym bag needs a make-up bag to be admired and that’s where www.thevintgagecosmeticcompany.co.uk fulfilled my dreams, their gorgeous floral bag £16.50 now needs to be filled but having run out of writing space that’s for another feature and another shopping trip!

If you have a beauty/health business in Essex and would like a feature please contact me molly@askmollybeauty.com or Twitter @askmollybeauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment