Friday 17 March 2023

Monat Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies Sample Review RRP £33 60 vegan gummies

 


Before I begin, I have to admit I have only just started taking these gummies. I will add a post edit in a month's time, once I've got an idea of the results.  However, now is the time to take them as my hair and skin is frankly falling apart due to menopause and ongoing stress. I've always been blessed with fine but healthy looking hair and clear skin, alas the last few weeks my hair is lank and dry, whilst my skin keeps developing spots that are just not clearing. So I think I'm a good candidate to try these gummies. My only issue is that I do suffer with colitis and IBS (and some supplements, mainly fish oils can upset my stomach), although I've looked at the other ingredients and not only are they gut friendly, but may aid in my condition. I also suffer with very bad restless legs, and whilst being sugar-free has marginally helped this condition, my doctor has suggested I take vitamin B12 as this vitamin helps with nerve function. 



Apple cider to take orally, is quite hard on the palate so it's nice that these gummies actually taste like fruity gums, and are so nice that I've had to hide them from my youngest. A soft, chewy gum that is lightly sweet without any hint whatsoever of vinegar. The delicate apple flavour is made with fruit pectin and being gelatin free make them suitable for vegetarians and vegans. 


The gummies contain 1,000mg of apple cider vinegar, alongside other vitamins and minerals however, lets look at the benefits of apple cider vinegar first, especially as it's often herald by celebrities in aiding weight loss! 

Apple cider vinegar is made via a 2 step process of crushing apples, fermenting into sugar, then adding good bacteria to turn it into what essentially makes vinegar. Vinegar is known to be anti-microbial and anti-bacterial, so can help squash the bad bacteria that often gives us digestive issues. Other proven research into the benefits of apple cider vinegar include:-
  • lowering blood sugar levels
  • helping aid skin health, especially with dry skin, eczema, psoriasis and with it's anti-bacterial qualities helping reduce acne.
  • helps keep the scalp healthy and reduce flakiness and dandruff, as well as strengthening the hair strands. 
I often used to rinse my hair in vinegar to give it amazing shine, thankfully research has proven that we don't need to go around smelling of a chip shop!



The gummies also contain an abundance of hormone supporting vitamins, ideal for those who have dull, dehydrated and tired skin. Vitamins that support menopause, brain and nerve function, and general well-being in both men and women. Such as:-
  • Vitamin B6 1.4mg - vital for brain function and is mood balancing. This vitamin is good to take if you are feeling tired, confused, depressed and lacking energy. 
  • Folic Acid 200mcg - helps keep red blood levels at a healthy level so ideal for menstruating women, after birth and during menopause. 
  • Vitamin B12 2.5mcg - helps combat tiredness and keeps blood and nerves healthy. Can aid in conditions such as restless legs and prevent anemia (iron deficiency). 
  • Biotin 50mcg - essential in the growth of healthy hair and skin. This B vitamin is often used to support menopause and pregnancy. 
  • Iodine 150mcg - Iodine contributes towards a healthy thyroid gland, responsible for maintaining a healthy metabolic rate.
  • Beetroot Powder 123mcg - lowers cholesterol, helps keep the mind sharp and can prevent brain fog.
  • Pomegranate Fruit Powder 123mcg - a powerful antioxidant that helps reduce inflammation in the skin, so ideal if you suffer with skin conditions such as acne. Being 3 times more powerful than green tea, it's ideal if you suffer with inflammation, such as arthritic conditions in the body.
As mentioned above, I have only just start taking these and will add on to this blog with an update in a month's time. Having used the Monat range on my hair, and absolutely loving it (another blog coming in a couple of weeks on the anti-frizz range), I have high hopes that I'll feel and see the benefit of taking the gummies. You can check out the rest of their range here at Monat

If you have any health condition or taking medication, please check with your doctor before undertaking any vitamin supplements. 







No comments:

Post a Comment