Thursday 23 March 2023

Aoura London Body Mist Sample Review RRP £9.99 220ml

 


Samples sent to me are kept in a cupboard in my study, and I usually work from back to front when choosing which to review. However, due to my ongoing back issues I've had to move my study to my kitchen (the seating is better), and thus a few of my products are out on the kitchen table. This often can pose problems as I have a 19 year old daughter who comes in from work, and immediately gives all eyes on the products. Especially anything related to body mists (she is obsessed). So whilst, I have a backlog of samples to review, and only received these yesterday, to get her off my back I'm pinging this one out so she can claim possession for her bathroom shelf.


I never really know how to sample body mists, it's not like they contain active ingredients that I can write up the benefits on. However, what I will say is that they've come along way since the 80s when I had the choice of 1 Impulse spray! I was sent 2 of the Aurora London range to test.

Sweet Dreams


As soon as I sprayed this I could see why my daughter was so obsessed. Gone are the days of the synthetic, cheap fragrance that often came with the bargain price. Replaced are lightly, fragranced mists that give off an expensive burst of scent. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to like this so much, as one who favours 'green, citrus' notes, this is the opposite. Top notes are fruity, sweet raspberry and plum, middle notes combine gentle jasmine and peony, whilst the base notes of amber and patchouli stop the fragrance from becoming to sweet, and leaves skin delicately and seductively scented. 

Forever Love


Forever Love is an abundance of playful notes, such as mimosa, violet, pink pepper, green apple and blackcurrant. At first it appears sparkly and vivacious however, combined with the base notes of cetalox and patchouli it leaves a clean, fresh and soft musk, that leaves skin wanted to be snuggled and kissed. Without mistake this is a feminine and flirty fragrance that like it's namesake smells like an invitation to romance.

The bottles are beautiful with faceted clear packaging and are most certainly ones to show off on the dressing table. I was incredibly impressed, both the scents lasted on my skin for much of the morning. I also spritzed into my hair and over my clothes just for testing - they lasted well! As for gifting to my eldest, she is getting one now and the other I'm saving for her Easter present! Both the above are £9.99 available exclusively at Superdrug









No comments:

Post a Comment