Thursday 23 March 2023

Living Proof.® No Frizz® Smooth Stylers Range Sample Review RRP from £26


Last week I was in TK Maxx with my eldest, and as I passed the hair section I picked up a bottle of Living Proof.® Smoothing Conditioner. I was incredibly tempted to purchase, but as a single parent I couldn't justify spending out any money. However, I specifically pointed the brand out to her and said 'this is one of my favourite brands, I first purchased the thickening range about 30 years ago in Space NK'. Well they must have been listening as I was delighted to receive these samples through the post, just a few days later. 


The range has been designed for every hair type and condition in mind. From fine, medium to coarse hair and chemically treated, bleached and coloured hair. The products themselves are sulphate free, silicone free, safe for use on coloured and bleached hair, cruelty free and with one promise in mind - to banish frizz whatever the texture. 

My hair is wavy, fine and bleached and I am constantly on the quest to find the perfect cream to banish frizz, but retain the wave. It was only recently that I purchased through months of deliberation a well known social media brand designed just for waves. I couldn't justify the price tag and re-sold it a few days later on Ebay! It's a good thing I did sell it as my quest is seemingly over. 

Smooth Styling Spray for Fine Hair RRP £33 200ml


Directions for the Smooth Styling Spray are to 'Apply to clean, damp hair from roots to end. Comb through. Blow dry for a smooth style'.  Well obviously I disobeyed all the directions and simply scrunched through my mass of frizzy, dry hair. What transpired astounded me, so much so that I jumped on to my Instagram @askmollybeauty and did a short reel (something I detest doing). With all frizz banished what was left were soft, defined waves, that had taken literally seconds to form. 

Before


After


The shine was incredible and I felt like my hair had been renewed. So noticeable that my friend whom I met straight after for a dog walk exclaimed as she was coming up the path 'your hair it looks great'. Hence the next five minutes were spent talking about the product. It's often hard to tell on photos, so please look at my reel as you can see live just the transformation.

With the addition of Sunflower Seed Oil, Amaranth Seed Oil and Beta Vulgaris Beet Root Extract, these combined help give hair elasticity, give it bounce, restore dull dehydrated hair and smooth the cuticle shaft. Hair is left protected from environmental aggressors and so the spray not only gives a better superficial appearance but also works to treat damaged hair. 

4 hours later and my hair is still as shiny and defined. The product not only promised to make hair up to 6 x smoother, up to 75% less frizz and giving lasting smoothness for up to 96 hours (when used in conjunction with the No Frizz System), but also has heat protection of up to 232°c. You can use it damp as mentioned above, and evidently dry as I did! 

I haven't tested the rest of the range as my hair is fine however, I can presume that the results will be just as good for your chosen texture. You can check out the range here at Living Proof.®









No comments:

Post a Comment