Monday 6 February 2023

Guylian Love Praline Hearts Chocolate Review RRP £4 105g / The Original Seashells £3.50 250g

 


I don't ordinarily write reviews on anything other than beauty or lifestyle however, have covered fashion and seemingly now chocolate. Not that I'm a chocolate connoisseur. Far from it, as I rarely eat sugar. That saying my choice of chocolate has always been Guylian Original Seashells, to the extent that every year I buy my kids a big box for Christmas and tend to munch my way through them myself! 

These were actually sent to me just before Christmas but got lost in the postal strikes, so I didn't actually receive them until a week or so ago. Now frustratingly I've lost the PR contact details and so can't even let them know I've reviewed them. That saying, I wanted to ping a quick blog post as it is coming up to Valentines Day, and these are rather apt for such time of the year. Again I don't usually buy into the whole 'Valentine's Day', although I do quite like to receive a card, if I'm lucky!


These chocolates are worth breaking the 'no sugar' diet for a day, and I will be gifting them to myself on February 14th. I think there's something very distinctive with Guylian chocolates, I think the hazelnut praline actually satisfies the chocolate craving, without being too sweet. Chocolate melts instantly and sometimes I want something that lasts a little bit longer. That's probably why these have always been my favourites. Of course it helps that the centre is smooth, rich and has just a hint of nuttiness. I also think they look delicate with the marble effect of  white, milk and dark chocolate swirled together.


I've put a photo of the ingredients on the back, and they are very similar to the original Seashell variety. You can purchase them at various supermarkets such Morrisons or Tesco. I'm off to hide these now and put away until February 14th!





No comments:

Post a Comment