Wednesday 26 October 2022

The Body Shop Peppermint Foot Range Sample Review

 



At the end of January this year, I had the misfortune of breaking my ankle and tearing all my ligaments. In honesty, I had gone out for my first drink since my father passed away a couple of months before, drank too much and face planted myself walking back from the pub. Aside from the pain, it was a horrendous few months as I am a single mother of 2 with special needs, and I help care for my mother...and have a dog (who cares for me)! Thankfully as I set up a volunteer group in lockdown, this time around they helped with dog walks, and my eldest helped with the school runs! 


That saying wind forward 10 months later, my ankle is still very swollen and painful - probably as I never had a chance to rest it. So it was with a little pleading email, that I asked the wonderful PRs at The Body Shop to see if they could send me over their Peppermint Foot range, and they did!

The Cooling Foot Lotion 250ml RRP £9 is a godsend to anyone with tired, aching legs and feet, as is the Peppermint Cooling & Reviving Foot Spray 100ml £7. It does exactly what it says on the bottle, it revives and cools down tired feet.  I've kept both next to the sofa, so that at the of the day, if and when I get 5 minutes, I spend those minutes massaging the products into my very grateful ankle.


The range contains cooling Peppermint Essential Oil to help reduce swelling and revive aching, tired muscles. The Spray is ideal for keeping in your handbag, as it is discreet and easy to use. One squirt on your ankles at your desk, will set you up for your work journey home, or take you from desk to gym. You can also decant into a smaller bottle and take with you on your travels.  The Lotion has some amazing ingredients such as:-
  • Vitis Vinefera Seed Oil - aka Grape Seed Oil, rich in Vitamin E and very skin softening. 
  • Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil - Sweet Almond Oil, nourishing and hydrating.
  • Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil - Sunflower Seed Oil, a natural emollient that traps and binds water. Excellent for dehydrated, flaking and rough skin. 
  • Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter - creates a barrier to help prevent moisture loss. Cocoa Seed Butter is also anti-inflammatory and helps soothe swollen feet.
  • Mentha Piperita Oil - the key ingredient in the range, Peppermint Oil not only helps soothe and revive tired feet, but is anti-bacterial and anti-microbial so helps prevent breakouts and keeps fungal infections at bay.
Combined together the range makes a wonderful gift for anyone on their feet all day, hospital workers, pregnancy, hot weather or for those that do stupid things and break their ankles. I would go as far to say that this isn't a 'beauty product' per se, but my advice would to stock some in your medical supplies!  You can check out the rest of the range here at www.thebodyshop.com and read the amazing reviews from loyal customers.























No comments:

Post a Comment