Tuesday 4 October 2022

LEIGHTON DENNY HYDRA-FLEX SERUM SAMPLE REVIEW RRP £14 12ML & AUTUMN/WINTER 22 NAIL SHADES RRP £12.50 12ML

 


My nails are a disgrace, there is no coating (pardon the pun) over the fact, that they are brittle, dry, ridged and don't just break horizontally but rather alarmingly, most recently vertically! I know the reason why. I'm a super busy mum who had her gel nails done once for her birthday and decided to tear them off, the minute they showed a flake. I wash up without gloves and I spend more time rubbing detergent on my hands than hand cream. 

So when I was asked if I would like to review some Leighton Denny nail colours, my answer was 'yes please however, could you also ping in a life saviour for nails', and thankfully they have.

I've always had time for Leighton Denny as a nail brand, often putting them in the press as I like their ethos, that they're not just a colour but 'skincare for nails'. 


As you can see from the above my nails are in need of a lot of 'skincare'! The Hydra-Flex Serum is for anyone who suffers with:-
  • Brittle nails
  • Dry nails
  • Ridges horizontal and vertical
  • Flaky nails
  • Dry, dull nails
  • Nails that are stiff and don't flex.
Easy to apply, you simply massage into the nail and cuticle daily. Upon opening I'll be keeping this next to the TV to remind myself every evening to massage in. It's not a messy formula so fine to keep next to your bed, car etc. 


It soaks in quickly, more so with my nails as they're so dehydrated. Whilst it instantly makes nails look smoother etc, I have a little while to go before I start seeing real results. Active ingredients include:-

  • Biotin - helps strengthen the nails, leading to less breakages.
  • Rosehip Oil - rich in Omega 3, helps prevent peeling nails and nourishes dry, dehydrated nails.
  • Zingiber Officinalis - aka Ginger Root, known to contain magnesium, zinc and chromium which help nourish dry, brittle nails. 
  • Coriandrum Sativum - full of anti-oxidants that help repair nails and contains Vitamin K to strengthen. 
  • Eugenia Caryophyllata - aka Clove Bud, antiseptic and anti-bacterial, helps prevents infections in nails.


I was also sent 2 'Autumn/Winter' colours, the gold 'Crazy For You' being part of their SS22 Affection Collection. 'Vamp' is the traditional dark berry, ideal now we are coming into the colder months (although I like it all year round). It's a timeless shade and always looks classy. I only needed 2 coats to get full coverage, and as you can see it leaves an incredibly glossy finish.


'Crazy For You' (incidentally my karaoke go to song), is a wash of shimmering gold. Incredibly versatile as one swipe not only gives a glistening sheen of gold, but you can also transform any nail colour into a more metallic shade (see below).


I tend to be drawn to shades that are easy to apply and the 'Crazy For You' is incredibly forgiving, especially if you are in a rush. It dries almost instantly so an ideal colour to have in an emergency, if you are just leaving the door for an event and need a quick camouflage to conceal unsightly nails such as mine.

All the nail varnishes are low in chemicals, skin friendly, nail friendly and vegan! They have a great brush, so you can apply the colour in just one swipe. Ingredients are 75% plant based and they use eco-friendly glitter!

You can check out the rest of the range here at www.leightondenny.com - I'm looking forward to seeing what they have out for Christmas as they often bring out great gifts! Watch this space!








No comments:

Post a Comment