Monday 27 June 2022

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Booster RRP £28

 


I was looking forward to testing the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer Booster as my hair is incredibly porous following 35 years of bleaching, highlighting, perming etc - you name it, my hair has been through it. 

I'm a huge fan of the original Elasticizer and often turn to this when I know I'm going to see my hairdresser and ask her for the inevitable 'can you make me go lighter'. I was sent the Booster a while ago, but wanted to coincide testing with my holiday. If ever there was going to be a time when I needed a conditioning boost it was last week, 40 degrees in Crete submerging myself into a swimming pool water every few minutes! Yes I was very blessed (my first holiday in 3 years) - but I wanted to keep my hair in the best condition I could.


The Booster can be used in several ways, either applied over the top of your usual conditioner (mid length and ends), or in place of your usual conditioner and for an intensive treatment, left on for up to 10 minutes. Simply apply and rinse out. 

Containing high quality moisturising ingredients will ensure that your hair is kept in the best condition it can be, alongside strengthening each strand. Some of these ingredients include:-

  • Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil - helps repair, hydrate and nourish dry and badly damaged hair, owing to the fatty acids and Vitamin E found in the oil.
  • Salvia Hispanica Seed Extract - aka Chia seeds contain high amounts of l-lysine, known to be the building block of protein found in hair. This ingredient will help promote stronger and thicker hair. 
  • Yeast Extract - an excellent addition to hair conditioners, Yeast Extract is full of vitamins and proteins that help build stronger hair fibres, and work wonders on dry, porous hair.
  • Radish Root Ferment Filtrate - helps condition the scalp and ideal for those who suffer with itchy, dry and flaky scalps.
  • Citric Acid - antibacterial and helps remove build up from hair, so ideal for use after swimming to remove traces of chemicals and chlorine. It also makes an excellent conditioner and leaves hair looking super-shiny!


As you can see from my photo above, not only is my hair bleached to within an inch of it's roots, it's also natural wavy. Having spent a week in the sun and using this every other day has meant that my hair feels soft, stronger and in better condition than before I went away! It's a must have if you want to stop your hair from feeling brittle and snapping, especially if you tend to reach for the heated appliances and especially if you are exposing your hair to the harsh elements of pollution and UV rays.

It is expensive £28 for 150ml but you only need a small amount and so will not only last you a good month, but is definitely worth it just to use before you have your hair coloured. You can purchase it here at www.philipkingsley.co.uk





No comments:

Post a Comment