Friday 7 July 2023

Monat Smoothing Anti-Frizz™️ Hair Collection Sample Review

 

I have reviewed this brand before and I am always happy to spend time promoting it (note I don’t get paid for reviews), as it’s quite simply one of my favourite hair brands. My hair always thanks me when I use the products and, whilst I haven’t tested the range extensively, those I have tested (you can see on my blog), have always given excellent results.

Today I was testing the Smoothing Anti-Frizz ™️ range. As you would expect this range is for anyone who suffers with frizz, flyaways and for anyone who has a wave to coils as their hair type. Often when I blow dry my 2b waves I can end up with a frizzy mess, or if I’ve blow dried my hair and it’s humid, yes welcome the frizz. So this range really is for anyone who just wants a smoother style, without all those pesky flyaways and to add sleekness and definition. 


The range consists of the Smoothing Anti-Frizz™️ Shampoo 237ml £37 Deep Conditioner 178ml £47, Deep Intensive Treatment 178ml £47 and the Blow Out Spray 134ml £36. All of the products contain REJUVENIQE®️ a blend of 123 natural plant and essential oils, rich in omega fatty acids and anti-oxidants, this blend of ingredients targets and eliminates frizz, whilst repairing damaged hair. 

Smoothing Anti-Frizz™️ Shampoo


This luxury shampoo feels absolutely divine to use, it’s rich, creamy and has that fresh salon smell. Whilst it’s for all hair types, I found it worked wonders on my dry, chemically treated hair. 



The shampoo has an abundance of ingredients to help eliminate frizz and promote excellent hair health. Ingredients such as:-
  • Caucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil - helps promote healthy hair growth, hair looks thicker with continued use. 
  • Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil - helps add lustre to dull hair, gives amazing shine and also can aid in hair growth. 
  • Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil - has a heap of anti-oxidants that help protect the hair from environmental damage caused by the sun, pollution etc. Also acts as an emollient so gives hair shine. 
  • Opuntia Ficus-Indica Seed Extract - aka Cactus Seed Oil, anti-inflammatory so helps scalp conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Smoothing Anti-Frizz™️ Deep Conditioner 


You only need a small amount to cover long hair. Apply after the shampoo and leave for a few minutes. Again the fragrance is a fresh fragrance that is suitable for both men and women. 


The Deep Conditioner is targeted for those with fine to medium hair. Ingredients include:-
  • Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil - contains linoleic aid that helps repair damaged hair. Keeps strands hydrated and is a sealant so smooths the hair.
  • Adansonia Digitata Oil - high in omega-3 fatty acids, this is actually baobab oil renowned for strengthening weak, brittle hair. It contains vitamin E so helps nourish a dry scalp and prevent dandruff. 
  • Caryocar Brasiliense Fruit Oil - obtained from the Brazilian Pequi tree, this ingredient has nourishing vitamins and can help against hair loss. It has an abundance of Oleic and Palmitic fatty acids and is incredibly moisturising. 
  • Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil - lemon is often used as an astringent and tonic, to help reduce dandruff, by controlling oil buildup on the scalp.
Smoothing Anti-Frizz™️ Blow Out Spray


I love this product! Just a few sprays on my damp hair and it completely styled my hair giving it waves yet definition. Often with these blow out sprays, it either doesn’t eliminate frizz or makes my hair feel sticky. This, combined with the other 2 products gave my hair definition and wave, without weighing it down. Ideal for all hair types, it gives your own natural texture be it straight, wavy or curly style without frizz. It’s most certainly a must in this humid weather!


Some of the ingredients that help to prevent frizz and give it that shine are:-
  • Glycolic Acid - helps exfoliate the scalp so promotes a healthy hair growth, also controls dandruff and gives softness to dry hair. 
  • Balanites Roxburghii Seed Oil - softens and restores hair. Ideal if you hair is lacking texture, feeling dry, dehydrated and needs some vitality injected. 
  • Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter - often used in skin and hair products, Shea is a wonder ingredient that has a huge host of benefits. It’s anti-inflammatory so protects a dry, itchy scalp. Has several anti-oxidants so protects the hair from sun damage, chlorine and sea, and is also soothing.
My hairdresser said you can always tell without even looking at the ingredients, by texture whether the product is good or not. When she last shampooed the bleach from my hair we tested this range and she said it ‘felt so luxurious’. 

The products are all vegan, cruelty free and backed by science! You can check out the range HERE








No comments:

Post a Comment