Wednesday 21 August 2013

Pampering Treats featuring Bodhi/Erb/Moroccan Spa Treatments/Elemis/OraNaturals and more

There are times when I’m writing or on the radio when I often worry I’m going to run out of things to talk about, those that know me personally would laugh at my concerns or shake their heads in bemusement as  I’m known to talk for England.  For example, I recently experienced a TV audition and had to chat for 15 minutes in front of the camera and was concerned I may freeze up. However, I needn’t have worried at one point I even told the producer to ‘tell me to shut up if I rambled on for too long’- I did ramble and a ‘keep your details on file’ letter swiftly followed! My beauty slot on Phoenix FM is another prime example,often Michelle Ward the presenter has to count me down when she hears me going off on a tandem and I’ve only 30 seconds left.  Yet the great thing about writing in the beauty industry is that there are always things to talk about, new products, favourite products, wacky treatments, it’s an industry that just keeps on growing especially in Essex – the county of glam. Anyway enough rambling here’s the best of products I’ve been testing this week.

 

On the rare occasion the kids go to bed on time I love nothing more than a spa night, I’ll put on my Pure New Moods CD, light a candle and start my pampering session.  Lately I’ve been coveting candles from Heaven by Deborah Mitchell £18.55 www.heavenskincare.co.uk their dreamy aromas fill the house out with an aromatic spa scent and set the ambience perfectly.  Whilst the bath is running I’ve been massaging Heaven SOS Oil £46 into my hair to nourish split ends and using the steam to aid penetration into the hair follicles for deep conditioning. This multi-purpose oil known as the ‘skin saviour’ also works to combat blackheads, eczema and rough skin – I love Heaven products and so does Gwyneth Paltrow!

 

Tranquil Touch by Elemis £19  www.timetospa.co.uk is a relaxing bath elixir which creates a perfect sanctuary for you to unwind in.  Poured under warm running water the essential oils of Patchouli, Cedarwood and Vetivert will transport you into your own personal Hammam, whilst added Cocoa Butter will leave skin feeling soft and nourished.

 

I’ve recently discovered Bodhi www.bodhi.uk.com a spa brand which uses key essential oils and healing ingredients to relieve stress, aches and pains. Their Ginger Brew Oil £35 sinks into the skin and relieves joint inflammation with warming and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as Galangal known to be anti-bacterial, antiseptic and stimulating; healing Plai oil which gives relief to joint conditions such as arthritis and rheumatism; Grapeseed Oil to encourages the production of elasticity in the skin and St Johns Wort which is excellent for reducing nerve pain.  Their Ylang Ylang Sensual Bath & Shower Gel £23 contains active ingredients to hydrate the skin and promote collagen renewal but more importantly smells utterly divine and will drift you away to the far eastern shores of Thailand.

 

Ora Naturals Bath Oil with Argan Oil Revive £24.90  www.oranaturals .co.uk is the perfect antidote for anyone suffering from tiredness, depression or who need a little zest! With essential oils of Grapefruit to uplift, Red Mandarin to promote ‘happiness’ and Lemongrass to give a new lease of life, this wonderful oil also has the added benefits of Argan Oil, rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids to feed and repair the skin.

 

I Coloniali Softening Bath Oil with Karite Extract £22.50 www.marksandspencers.com/beauty has taken the seeds from the African Butter Tree (Youth Tree) and introduced it into their bath oil to really enrich the skin and leave it as soft as velvet, incredibly relaxing this is best just before bed to aid restful sleep. To complete your spa ritual follow with a massage using I Coloniali Myrrh Deep Tissue Massage Oil £29.50, skin is left delicately scented and purified from the resin of the Arabic Myrrh tree.

 

Suffering from ‘crocodile’ legs or bumpy arms?  Then they need a thorough but gentle exfoliation,  Erb £37 www.erbasia.com/uk is a gel scrub and contains Tamarind to exfoliate, its consistency won’t upset sensitive skin but is still thorough enough to leave skin satin soft. It smells incredibly exotic and will take you on a sensory journey to the Far East with stimulating Ginger and skin glowing Turmeric with Vitamin C.

 

For a complete spa experience try Moroccan Spa Home Treatment £49.95 www.rawbeautyonline.com.  Beautifully presented in a hessian bag this kit contains 100% pure Argan Oil, Rhassoul Clay, Rosewater, a natural Rammie mitt, wooden scoop and a huge list of the benefits. Sourced from the Atlas Mountains of Morocco this is all you need for top to toe conditioning – the Rose Water can be used alone to tone skin or mixed with the clay to unclog pores, remove excess oil and toxins and rehydrate the skin and is suitable for all skin and hair types. The mitt when used to massage cleanses the lymphatic system, strengthens the immune system and combats cellulite, whilst the pure Argan Oil gives nutrition to the hair, skin and body.

 

If you have a beauty/hair/health query or would like to feature your products/business please follow me on Twitter @askmollybeauty or email me molly@askmollybeauty.com.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment